• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pseudotropheus sp. "Minutus Tanzania" Manda

zackcrack00

Members
Went down to the fishroom to find one Pseudo. sp. "Minutus Tanzania" Manda (F1) holding! I got these from Dave at the CCA Summer BBQ in our group buy.
pH was 8.3, temperature ~78F, and the six fish (3m:3f ratio) are in a 20L. This ratio in a small tank helps the aggression even out, especially with PVC and moderate-heavy rock work. The best thing about these guys is that they're about 2-3" (fins and all) and that's about max size.
I definitely recommend these to anyone looking for a different type of mbuna, just make sure they have many places to hide! A very, very colorful fish, too! I'll try to get some pictures if they'll come out of hiding long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zackcrack00

Members
Thanks!

The pictures Matt posted are great. Thanks! They've been really tricky to get pictures of. I walk in and I see them all swim under the rocks. I'll try again tonight. The males are really bright when they show off. I hope I can get a picture with the blue!

chriscoli

Administrator
fast shutter speed. or, keep a really clean, unscratched specimen cup or dip n' pour handy. put the fish in that and take their picture there.

zackcrack00

Members
I tried the specimen container idea last night. The males lost their color and I couldn't get any great pictures because of it. I'll have to wait until they warm up to movement outside the tank (if they ever do!)

Aside, one of the females died last night. Torn fins, missing scales, looks like aggression.