• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The CCY Cichlid Show- Clash of the Cichlids!

johnscottant

Members
On September 27th 2014 at 1pm The Cichlid Club of York PA will be having its 2nd annual Cichlid Show- Clash of the Cichlids.

NJAS Kevin J Carr will be our guest speaker as he educates us on the do's and don'ts of getting your cichlids prepared to show and tricks of the trade to get them to show their best while being judged.

We have asked surrounding clubs the NJAS, ACLC and of course CCA to join in the fun for bragging rights and whoever wins grand champion best of show will also take home a trophy for their club. The club trophy will pass to each winning club year after year

Please register on Facebook and let us know you are coming. We are working with the judges to create classes and score cards now.

Last year we had over 30 entries, this year we are hoping to get over 50! Hope you guys will come out even if you don't enter your cichlids. Its going to be a really fun time with lots of food, lots of friends from various clubs, a always big auction, bean bags on the floor and unlimited Mrs. Pac Man ! LOL Come join us!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/799519633401982/

10488202_10203292856694831_7032398344767491750_n.jpg

johnscottant

Members
How foolish of me to forget that the CCA's very own Matt Quinn will be a judge along with Kevin J Carr and others to be determined. As always we thank the CCA for their continued support

johnscottant

Members
Hope you can make it Jon we would love to have you. And with the CCY Prez being there, the NJAS prez being there and the ACLC Prez being there it would only seem right for the CCA Prez to be there. And we all 4 need to take a picture together. Besides I heard you have some great cichlids you could enter. And if one of your members wins best of show champion cichlid, shouldnt you be there to take home the club trophy and bragging rights?

johnscottant

Members
Ok guys we are getting close to our CCY Cichlid Show! We've had a steady flow of entries but I am hoping more CCA members will make it. Looks like as of right now Christine is the only CCA member representing her club. NJAS president Frank is bringing 2 entries, I am the president of the CCY and I am entering 3 cichlids,,,, So what do we have to do to get CCA prez John inolved..LOL - See below
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok my Cichld Show Contestants! Here is who has registered or contacted me to hold spots for them. This is going to be one heck of a show so please keep those entries coming!
Brooke Amanda Moore- 3 entries
Sam Phelan- 2 entries
Bill Vallari- 1 entry
Karen Haas -2-3 (get back to me on that)
Frank Policastro NJAS Prez -2 entries
Christine Keys- CCA in the house! 2-3 entries
Elizabeth Napier-Bonvillain- 3 entries
Orlando Torres- 3 entries
Zachary Markel- 2 entires
Michael Mull- 3 entries
Scott J Mclaughlin- 3 entries
Kerry Dilks- 1-2 entries
Dwayne Walker- 3 entries
Wayne Smith- 2 entries
We look good so far but I am looking to see more entries especially from other clubs to enter. Keep in mind we will have a club trophy that will be given to the winner of the Best of Show. So whoever wins best of show and the club he/she is primarily affiliated with will receive a trophy as well and bragging rights!! Blonde FishGal looking for you to send some NJAS represented show entries, as well as you Aqua Mania for the CCA. Tom Gillooly if you could recruit some Bucks county and PA Cichlid entries we would be extremely happy. Joshua Wiegert anyone at PVAS who may be interested in entering?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its only about an hour and a half trip- we will treat you guys like VIP's. There is plenty of food, fun and of course fish. Trophies will be handed out to 1st place winners. It will be a blast! COME!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I will be coming up with Chris Keys and am considering entering a cichlid or two. I have never taken part in a fish show before. Can you give me an idea of what I should bring besides the fish?

Also, what is the deadline to register fish?

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

johnscottant

Members
Hey Andrew! Good seeing you Saturday. All you need to bring is you, your cichlids and whatever you are using to transport him/her with. We supply the tanks, conditioned water, sponge filters and etc. It will be all setup and running on your arrival. Last year we did the show and had about 35 entries and it went off without a hitch, all cichlids left and returned home safely. I hope you come up, and you can pm me here if you want me to register your cichlids. Thanks!