• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Posting pics

fish

Banned
How come when i post pics they only upload low quality? I wanna make a thread with my tanks because lately i have been perceived as a "kid" and i have even been told i should quit the hobby. People are misunderstanding me 100%. I know i may come across rude. In reality i am not trying to be rude. So how do i post better quality? I wanna show my 240 when i get my fx6 you guys will be suprised how nice it is.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Maybe its just the camera. When I post pics they look fine.
And one of teh reasons people call you a kid is because your 14. Most people consider a 14 year old to be a kid. But, like Thai said, your actions are certainly not helping.

zackcrack00

Members
I know i am a "kid". But what i mean is people think i am inexperianced cause i am young.

Well, I think your posts and attitude towards others (especially experienced members) make you sound like this. It does take some time adapting to the ins and outs of the forum. I mean, I was pretty ignorant and sometimes rude at the beginning of my membership, but I'd like to think I'm not now. I mean, most of is just opinion. I don't think experience matters as much as the want to learn and listen from others that ARE experienced does. That's the real thing. A lot of us kids started out keeping small fish like Bettas, guppies or small cichlids in a little tank in our bedroom, but now we all are here in this club learning more and more everyday.

Thai

Members
I know i am a "kid". But what i mean is people think i am inexperianced cause i am young.

No they think you're inexperienced because of your post and threads, plenty of younger fish keepers here who are respected and in good standing with the board because they are respectful, knowledgeable and poised in their responses and have contributing post about their own experiences in the hobby

None of those traits describe your post here and on mfk unfortunately.

Becca

Members
No they think you're inexperienced because of your post and threads, plenty of younger fish keepers here who are respected and in good standing with the board because they are respectful, knowledgeable and poised in their responses and have contributing post about their own experiences in the hobby

None of those traits describe your post here and on mfk unfortunately.

+1

If you don't want to be treated like a kid, behave maturely. Even if you've had experience from birth, you are still less experienced than most of us. You come across as impulsive, rude, disrespectful, green, and arrogant.

As someone who rescues animals (fish and reptiles occasionally included) I've seen first hand what happens when people impulsively accumulate animals that they have to have, but don't necessarily have the resources or knowledge to properly care for - many of us have and it troubles us when we see someone so cavalier about any living thing.

Sometimes it can be truly beneficial to focus on what you actually have, rather than feverishly attempting to acquire more "stuff." What comes across here is that you are treating animals like "stuff," and they are so much more than that.

Perhaps you need to more carefully consider what you decide to post and how you ask questions and respond to those kind enough to offer you their insight.

Greengirl

Members
Well, I think your posts and attitude towards others (especially experienced members) make you sound like this. It does take some time adapting to the ins and outs of the forum. I mean, I was pretty ignorant and sometimes rude at the beginning of my membership, but I'd like to think I'm not now. I mean, most of is just opinion. I don't think experience matters as much as the want to learn and listen from others that ARE experienced does. That's the real thing. A lot of us kids started out keeping small fish like Bettas, guppies or small cichlids in a little tank in our bedroom, but now we all are here in this club learning more and more everyday.

+1 Zack.

Rasta Fish

Members
So let’s start over! Maybe…
How about putting a real name on your profile so people know who you are
true you are in experience and young, the hobby needs young people like you in it to have a future, but you do need to be respectful of others in general and also this club and its members, there are lots of adults in here and personally I don’t like some of your postings and rants, I am sure I am not the only one, attitudes is something that can be change and is a beautiful thing to have a good one
At age 14 you should be holding yourself responsible for your actions if you want people to respect you
And yes, to me you are still a kid …Respect is earned not given!
On another note I would say get a better camera or clean your tank before taking pictures of your fish
Be extra still while taking pictures wait for the fish to pose for you, be patience, takes LOTS of pictures and pick out the one or two good ones, I really suck at taking pictures so I can’t really give advice on this
But all that advise I just gave you are what other people says :)

fish

Banned
+1

If you don't want to be treated like a kid, behave maturely. Even if you've had experience from birth, you are still less experienced than most of us. You come across as impulsive, rude, disrespectful, green, and arrogant.

As someone who rescues animals (fish and reptiles occasionally included) I've seen first hand what happens when people impulsively accumulate animals that they have to have, but don't necessarily have the resources or knowledge to properly care for - many of us have and it troubles us when we see someone so cavalier about any living thing.

Sometimes it can be truly beneficial to focus on what you actually have, rather than feverishly attempting to acquire more "stuff." What comes across here is that you are treating animals like "stuff," and they are so much more than that.

Perhaps you need to more carefully consider what you decide to post and how you ask questions and respond to those kind enough to offer you their insight.

Just to point out you are totally misunderstanding me. I treat fish like family. Heck, I actually NAME many of my fish! When a fish (or any animal) dies i bury it in my backyard! It is like losing a family member to me! I am not at all "hoarding". I am the first person to not "impulse buy". I have also rescued a few fish. I rescued my florida gar and 12" sun catfish from a 30 gallon, and my bichirs i got from a guy (member on monsterfishkeepers) in a situation. Somebody purchased his tank and someone was coming to buy the fish shortly after but they flaked on him so he had 3 18" bichirs and an eel in a rubbermaid tub. I helped him out AND got awesome fish!

I also got a REALLY busted up ID shark that i got to recover.

Point is, i DO care for ALL my animals.

fish

Banned
So let’s start over! Maybe…
How about putting a real name on your profile so people know who you are
true you are in experience and young, the hobby needs young people like you in it to have a future, but you do need to be respectful of others in general and also this club and its members, there are lots of adults in here and personally I don’t like some of your postings and rants, I am sure I am not the only one, attitudes is something that can be change and is a beautiful thing to have a good one
At age 14 you should be holding yourself responsible for your actions if you want people to respect you
And yes, to me you are still a kid …Respect is earned not given!
On another note I would say get a better camera or clean your tank before taking pictures of your fish
Be extra still while taking pictures wait for the fish to pose for you, be patience, takes LOTS of pictures and pick out the one or two good ones, I really suck at taking pictures so I can’t really give advice on this
But all that advise I just gave you are what other people says :)

I will do just that.

Thank you.

daninmd

Members
hey man, no reason to be upset about people calling you a kid. your 14, we were all 14 once (well except for those younger than 14, lol). you don't need to be so defensive about your age...its ok to be young and you don't need to try and tell people how much experience you have all the time. you could have been keeping fish for 10 years and most people on this forum still have more experience than you. so take advice and criticism that people give you, and don't take it as an attack on you. this is a very laid back group that is willing to help and give advice, but coming in with the attitude of "I don't need input on my tanks" is a very bad one. even if you were 50 years old and had 30 years of experience. we can all learn new things, so keep that in mind going forward.

fish

Banned
hey man, no reason to be upset about people calling you a kid. your 14, we were all 14 once (well except for those younger than 14, lol). you don't need to be so defensive about your age...its ok to be young and you don't need to try and tell people how much experience you have all the time. you could have been keeping fish for 10 years and most people on this forum still have more experience than you. so take advice and criticism that people give you, and don't take it as an attack on you. this is a very laid back group that is willing to help and give advice, but coming in with the attitude of "I don't need input on my tanks" is a very bad one. even if you were 50 years old and had 30 years of experience. we can all learn new things, so keep that in mind going forward.

Agreed i learn new things each and every day!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan

+2 couldnt have said it better
I came to the club with a 10 gallon with 10 bosemani rainbows and a 55 with a texas cichlid and a jack dempsey. In the past -aproximate- year I have learned so much and I bet I wasnt the brightest or politest 12 year old to join a forum but I've learned an unbelievable amount of stuff from fellow members and Im sure you'll do the same. Your only 2 years older than me and you have a 220! Not many kids your age can say that.

fish

Banned
+2 couldnt have said it better
I came to the club with a 10 gallon with 10 bosemani rainbows and a 55 with a texas cichlid and a jack dempsey. In the past -aproximate- year I have learned so much and I bet I wasnt the brightest or politest 12 year old to join a forum but I've learned an unbelievable amount of stuff from fellow members and Im sure you'll do the same. Your only 2 years older than me and you have a 220! Not many kids your age can say that.

My dad loves fish almost as much as me! Trying to get him into reptiles ;)