• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How High is your water bill?

YSS

Members
My water bill has been pretty high, but didn't really think much about it until I talked to a neighbor and found out his bill is less than half of mine. I live in Vienna, VA and I pay over $200 every quarter. I have a 265G discus tank that I was doing 30 ~ 40 % water changes every 3 days or so and do ~60% weekly water change in my 90G tank, so not sure if it's because I use so much water for my fish tanks or I have a leak somewhere. :angry:

All I know is the wife noticed the water bill jump once I added the 180gal and the 110gal and I have to pay the bill now. lol I do water changes 30%-40% once weekly.

Lively

Members
Sounds like you may have a leak somewhere...

I'm on well, so my cost is the electricity to run the pump.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
$ 120.00 per quarter.
Water and sewer.
53 tanks usually. Not changing as often as you though.
Plus 3 adults in the house. When the other 2 kids lived here it was higher. Of course my one Son would take a shower and then go play basketball, THen come home take a shower to go to meet friends and then work out and tank another shower. He smelled a lot. lol

chris_todd

Members
$25-30 per quarter, Baltimore City rate of $1.323/100 cubic feet.

My most recent water bill was for almost 15,000 gallons/90 days, which is a daily average consumption of 166 gallons. The fish tank part of that is miniscule by comparison, as we do roughly weekly 25% water changes on four tanks with a total volume of 180 gallons (45 gallons/week).

Chris Todd

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I don't know exactly what mine is but it is at least as high as yours. My wife pays it and b**ches about it all the time. I use plenty of R/O and try to use most of the waste but not all. I have lights on all my tanks too and my electric bill shows it. I run about 1400 gallons and change about 30% to 40% a week.

George

TheWire

Members
I don't know exactly what mine is but it is at least as high as yours. My wife pays it and b**ches about it all the time. I use plenty of R/O and try to use most of the waste but not all. I have lights on all my tanks too and my electric bill shows it. I run about 1400 gallons and change about 30% to 40% a week.

George

George

This is why Florida or any place with good outdoor sunlight and great temperature makes a good location to move too :)..