• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New contest/ Photo of the month.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, its time to try a photo of the month contest.
With the amount of people that entered a photo this year at Aquafest and all the cameras in this club I figured it was about time.

Please view the rules for this.http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5492

This will not be a "technical" judged contest. It will be a public opinion or favorite pic type of contest. In other words even if you have a $50.00 camera, if you get a special shot it may win. Its about opportunity, and just happening to be in the right place at the right time to catch that picture.
There will be no judges. Everyone will get one vote on this.

While you can possibly tell a persons photos by the composition or the fish, lets try to keep this anonymous if we can. Lets make it a popularity contest for the pictures not the photographer. lol

The winner's name will be announced at the end of the contest. Since you can see the poll you should know if your favorite is in the lead.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Also lets try to make it new pictures.
Not something that you have posted in the past.

iamzrad

Members
How about members send in a photo (to your email address) with no name, that will make it a bit more fair and unbiased towards people with photography skills and whatnot.
Make it even more anonymous and only you (Pat) will know the true photographer for each picture.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I thought thats what I pretty much had in the rules.
No names.
I would announce after the contest.

Sorry, I may have to re-read

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Oh, and I got my first picture already.
Thats one...

Remember you have until the 10th. Only a few days away.

If I get the 10 max before then i will post the poll early. If not then it will be after the 10th.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
And don't forget this is for club members.
your name on here should be in green or red.

Please give me your real name and forum name in your email also.
So I can figure out who sent things.
lol

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, so we have a November contest. I have 2 so far.
Can take up to 8 more.
Who will it be.

Jumbie

Members
Question is there a theam (i.e. mouth borders, Africans, SA's) or is it just a picture of any fish or should I say cichlid? Either way this is a great I dea Pat!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I am always looking for "benefits" of being a member. Just another one to add my list.
That and the item you win is meeting related.

longstocking

Members
why does it have to be members only?

There have to be reasons for people to join or no one would. I shouldn't say no one... but too many people would "take advantage" of a lot of things. It's only 20-30 bucks to join and for what you get that is a steal !! The food alone is worth at least 20 for a year... plus all the other things you get :)

Hence why I try and make things I do members only as well... just helps build the club :)

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well today is the last day to submit.

I have 6 photos waiting to be posted.

We are off to a great start.
The biggest problem with these types of contests if having people participate. I think 6 is a great turn out to start. Of course 7 would be better. lol

iamzrad

Members
I will have a picture sent in later today. It's taking me a while to get a nice shot for the shot I am trying to go after.

maddog10

Members
I think I will get involved with this. I want to use a film camera and then scan the photos in. That should make me practice up on my skills, should be fun. Of course I want make it in this month.