• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

community service

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I got this in an email today. At this point we don't know what type of cichlids they are.
I have an email back to them asking if they know what they are. and if they are big or small or what.
I figured someone on here has some type of space and could do a service to the community. lol
I am waiting for a response to my email to them.
If you are interested in the mean time, pm me and I will give you the email address.

Hello, I work for the Prince Georges County Animal Care and Control Center and we have two cichlids here. We would like to find a home for them. Could you help us?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
They are probably oscars but I have a 55 gallon with two P.tinaetus so I may have space depending on the fish.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
They think they are Jack Dempseys but thats about all the information she has. They are not fish people.
Obviously they usually have a lot more four legged creatures than finned ones. lol

Sounds like maybe we need to start a fish rescue like the guy in Ohio has.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I am down but I don't think I have enough space for two JD's
But I am willing to try. I would like to see the fish though.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Last weekend I saw on the montgomery county humane society page that they had 2 dempseys. They were labeled "brown, coldwater fish" but the pics were definately two male dempseys.

I like the fish rescue concept but nobody wants to leave their house to get rid of their fish. We would need a mobile fish rescue vehicle. lmao

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I tried to email Lively. She's been MIA for a month. Have not heard anything. Hope she is okay.

So no takers???