• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

You Guys Rock!

I just wanted to say I had a blast at my first CCA meeting!

Um... as I said to Pat, looks like you guys might be stuck with me now!

Thanks for your warm welcome, and man, holy cow, thanks for all the compliments on my car! LOL LOL

Special thanks to Michael (DiscusnAfricans) for his class, hospitality, and also for putting up with my silly jokes ... and a huge shout out to Jen (DonkeyFish) who was SOOOO kind to me and gave me a big bag of plants.

Thanks to Pat for not busting me on my NJ "accent" and last but not least, thanks to "First Lady" ;) for the driving tips for 'next time'. I wrote 'em down!!

Big mushy hugs all the way around!!! ;)

emartin

Members
It was a great meeting and I hope the drive was okay for you.

I couldn't help you with that since I stayed the night down there (while the one family member did NOT come down with me, I still couldn't drive you since I was staying the night with my brother in Baltimore). The drive back today was HORRIBLE... Not only was traffic slow where it wasn't raining for no apparent reason (no accidents or anything in those areas, but there was a large amount of huge serious accidents there), but at some points near MD/DE, and South Jersey it was like there was a firetruck driving in front of me hosing my windshield... The rain was coming down that hard and that much that traffic slowed down to 15-25 mph on I-95 and NJTPK, flashers/hazard lights had to be turned on in addition to head lights because visibility was that bad, and there was 3" of water on the highway it was coming down that fast and that hard...

Took me 4.5 hours to get home from Baltimore City today :(...

fischfan13

Banned
YOU guys from Jersey are making me look bad.:eek:
Sunday morning I drove home from BWI...163 miles.
Google maps says 3:23 for the driving time...I did it in 2:30.

Yeah, well, I'm envious of that!!!
I'm waaaaay north, just under the NY State border.

Trip down was 5 hours with traffic, trip back was 4 1/2 hours.

I can't even tell my non-fish friends what I did on Sat. as they will think I am a TOTAL NUT for driving to Maryland for a "fish meeting."

But .... so worth it! I had a blast, though trust me, so that I can stay longer at the next meeting, I will hit everyone up next time for a ride, even if I have to bribe folks by baking them something yummy! :lol:

Which reminds me.... the chili ROCKED!!!

:)

MonteSS

Members
I grew up in Northvale NJ in northeast corner of bergen county.

Was that your pretty green Jag?

...Bill

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
It was great to have you Alesia. I owe you an extra special thanks for your act of awesomeness concerning fish delivery. I'll post more details on that later. I'm dissapointed your car got better than expected gas mileage on the way down;), but I'm glad the trip was smooth. Look forward to seeing you at the picnic!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Alesia, it was very nice meeting you too!

It's kinda hard to miss a blonde driving a super green Jag into our parking lot. LOL!

I'm glad you enjoyed the meeting;)

We definitely look forward to seeing you in the future.

Welcome aboard:)))

Richard

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey Alesia,

It was really good to see you as well. Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat more... between getting to the meeting late, picking up fish from folks, giving equipment to other folks and nursing a *really* terrible hangover, I was feeling pretty rough. Yeah, I generally try not to bury my head in my arms on the table during the auction. :(

Tony

...I'm dissapointed your car got better than expected gas mileage on the way down;), but I'm glad the trip was smooth. Look forward to seeing you at the picnic!

Alesia, it was very nice meeting you too!

It's kinda hard to miss a blonde driving a super green Jag into our parking lot. LOL!

I'm glad you enjoyed the meeting;)

We definitely look forward to seeing you in the future.

Welcome aboard:)))

Richard

Hey Alesia,

... and nursing a *really* terrible hangover, I was feeling pretty rough. Yeah, I generally try not to bury my head in my arms on the table during the auction. :(

Tony

LOL, Michael was disappointed b/c I was going to let him take the car for a spin and help me get gassed up to head back to NJ, since I have NO idea how to pump gas (illegal in NJ to do it yourself, so I have never learned). But I filled up on the last exit in NJ and so, after the meeting, did have enough to at least get back to NJ. When i told him I had enought gas to get back, he was like, "oh....boy....yeah....that's.....just .......great...." :(

Thank you Richard, you were so complimentary every time you spoke with me! Thank you ;)

Thanks for explaining, Tony.... I thought maybe it was part of the 'crazy southern culture'...first you guys talk funny, then you bid with your arms folded and tuck your head into them. :p :lol:

Really, thanks again to EVERYONE!

Yeah, I think one of the burgers at the picnic has my name on it....see y'all then!

DonkeyFish

Members
Although I'm a bit miffed to have lost my "coolest CCA car chick" status, I don't mind that it's to you now that we've met! And my pleasure on the plants, I had brought a bunch of trimmings to get rid of, you just got the leftovers LOL. I'll plan better next time.

AND I'll take you to the gas station and teach ya how it works. And whatever other maintenance stuff you never had to learn up north. :)

Although I'm a bit miffed to have lost my "coolest CCA car chick" status, I don't mind that it's to you now that we've met! And my pleasure on the plants, I had brought a bunch of trimmings to get rid of, you just got the leftovers LOL. I'll plan better next time.

AND I'll take you to the gas station and teach ya how it works. And whatever other maintenance stuff you never had to learn up north. :)

Dont be discouraged Jen your still my hot girl from the meeting :wub:

no, no, no, you haven't lost it at all! We can be a Team!!
... and CCA and then also stand for Chicks' Cool Autos
;)