• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pocket hose for water changes

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Just wondering if anyone has used this product for water changes? It would make for far better storage than the python hose.

chriscoli

Administrator
Interesting. I kind of assumed that they were a smaller diameter through the fittings and that flow would be restricted compared to a regular hose but I might be wrong. Might be equivalent to a python though.

ccp2007

Members
Interesting thought...I am curious now. I know the Pocket Hose supposedly SUCKS as far as yard usage goes. Could be a turn around for the Pocket Hose ;)

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

chriscoli

Administrator
I think it would collapse when being used with the python water siphon attachment, but might be handy for the refill

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I think it would collapse when being used with the python water siphon attachment, but might be handy for the refill

Yeah I think it should work for refill without issue. I was thinking that it would also work with a pump connected to drain the tank.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I tried using one connected to a pump to drain and it did not work. There still wasn't enough pressure even with the pump to fully expand the hose. I was disappointed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Good to know, Sam. I have been tempted to give it a shot every time I saw the commercial on TV. Glad I didn't waste the money.

mchambers

Former CCA member
How about

Good to know, Sam. I have been tempted to give it a shot every time I saw the commercial on TV. Glad I didn't waste the money.

Did you ever try the Popeil Pocket Fisherman? I'm thinking that would be a disappointment, too?

daninmd

Members
I was at Reg84's house when he pulled out a brand new one to rinse out a new tank. hose split within 2 minutes of using it. cheap junk