• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need a 30 or 40 gallon tank

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Can you believe it, I was standing in front of a 30 gallon, one of those that is about 12 inches wide and 18 inches high, it was full of fish, and it just cracked. The bottom split from end to end. Water more or less gushed out all over the place. The fish ended up flopping around on the bottom of the tank. I transferred them to a bucket and tried to figure out what to do. I originally thought I would just clean out the tank and dry it and run glue along both sides, but because of the shape of the crack, I decided it was a loss, into the trash, but maybe I should save at least one of the good sides. It always pays to have a spare piece of glass around.

Good thing it happened while I was there. Otherwise a bunch of dead fish.

Anyway, I did have a back up 30 gallon, just in case I did have a problem, but now I have no back up. SO I am looking for a similar sized tank 12 to 13 inches wide and 30 to 40 inches long and 18 inches high. In other words a 30 gallon or 40 gallon.

Please PM me. All I need is the tank -- no accessories. Actually I am looking for more than one tank, as I would like to replace a rack of 10s with a rack of 30s.

Sonny Disposition

You must have been thinking too loud.

Can you believe it, I was standing in front of a 30 gallon, one of those that is about 12 inches wide and 18 inches high, it was full of fish, and it just cracked. The bottom split from end to end. Water more or less gushed out all over the place. The fish ended up flopping around on the bottom of the tank. I transferred them to a bucket and tried to figure out what to do. I originally thought I would just clean out the tank and dry it and run glue along both sides, but because of the shape of the crack, I decided it was a loss, into the trash, but maybe I should save at least one of the good sides. It always pays to have a spare piece of glass around.

Good thing it happened while I was there. Otherwise a bunch of dead fish.

Anyway, I did have a back up 30 gallon, just in case I did have a problem, but now I have no back up. SO I am looking for a similar sized tank 12 to 13 inches wide and 30 to 40 inches long and 18 inches high. In other words a 30 gallon or 40 gallon.

Please PM me. All I need is the tank -- no accessories. Actually I am looking for more than one tank, as I would like to replace a rack of 10s with a rack of 30s.