• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Big Al's

CCA Broad Sanctioned Big Al's Group Buy

• Monthly

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Semi-Monthly (every other month)

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Quarterly

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Not interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mab

Members
Based on approval by the CCA Board a CCA account was setup with Big Al's. This gives us access to free shipping and a substantial discount.

I'm interested in ascertaining the frequency with which we should place an order.

The larger the order the bigger the discount.

I'll report results at the next meeting.

Cartel

Members
I voted semi monthly that way I'm not just ordering a $5 part. And semi doesn't make me have to wait an awful long time if I do want/need something. Great idea by the way.

mab

Members
What if I need to place an order now? How do I go about getting the CCA discount?

If you are ordering for yourself and not ordering as part of a CCA board sanctioned/approved group buy, you are on your own. BTW: Your membership card does entitle you to a discount at many LFSs.

I didn't setup the account it was setup by the Board. A member of the board approached the company and then asked me to setup the first group buy using the contact - I thought it might be a good idea to do this on a regular basis so folks could plan accordingly.

The CCA group buy discount is calculated on sliding scale - the higher the dollar value of the purchase, the higher the discount. Therefore it behooves all of us to take advantage of this as a group buy to increase the size of the order.

Big Al's did not setup the free shipping/discount account for individuals.

I vote quarterly, there are alot of good vendors out there that we can try to slip them some business in the in between months. If we order Big Als every other month when does the other guy get a chance?

Thanks for the time your taking to coordinate this Mike!

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I vote quarterly, there are alot of good vendors out there that we can try to slip them some business in the in between months. If we order Big Als every other month when does the other guy get a chance?

Thanks for the time your taking to coordinate this Mike!

Couldn't agree more.

This is a great deal, I'll definitely get in on it when I can. Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen!!!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Quarterly would allow us to really get some good discounts...

Maybe we could stagger with a quarterly Kensfish group buy. You can't get Kensfish food from Big Al's ;)

Matt

Sonny Disposition

I tend to order online fairly infrequently, so semi monthly would be more than enough for me.

Based on approval by the CCA Board a CCA account was setup with Big Al's. This gives us access to free shipping and a substantial discount.

I'm interested in ascertaining the frequency with which we should place an order.

The larger the order the bigger the discount.

I'll report results at the next meeting.