• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

westong

Members
Hey everyone, im Weston and im in the Navy. i got into cichlids a couple months ago after watching them in the fishstore. I recently had 5 of them die after being sick and i couldnt heal them, luckily i saved one and completely redid the fishtank. So far the 3 cichlids i have seem very happy and actually started eating again. I can post pictures of the tank later on, it is a 29gal with 2 separate filters and the temperature running at 78-80. i am hopeful that if i have future issues with my tank you guys can help me out.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. Depending on the type(s) of cichlids you have, you may want to adjust the temperature a bit. Look forward to pics.

Ading522

Members
Welcome to the forum! What kind of cichlids do you keep?

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

westong

Members
thank you everyone, i have a yellow labidochromis, and 2 of another species im not really sure about. Last night i set up my 10 gal tank as well because the 2 larger cichlids are chasing the small one all over the tank and wont leave him alone anywhere, so im just going to use the small tank for small cichlids for now.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Click on the little paper clip then add from files
Or via photobucket type sites using the URL. I think there's a sticky or a thread some where.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome Weston!

A common strategy for Malawi African cichlids is to overcrowd them. The more bodies in the tank, the harder it becomes for a bully to single anyone out. This only works though if you have a decent-size tank and good filtration (and keep up with the water changes).

Cheers.

westong

Members
image (5).jpg

image (4).jpg

image (6).jpg

image (7).jpg
These are the first setup and it got cloudy and thats when the fish started dying.

image.jpg

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg
These ones are with the new setup and the fish i couldnt get a pic of the small one though.

image (5).jpg

image (4).jpg

image (6).jpg

image (7).jpg

image.jpg

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg