• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hi all

Ading522

Members
welcome to the forum! nice fish and tank! only thing i can point out is that it looks like the tank can tip over since both sides are hanging over the edge of the stand.. be careful that no one tips that over..

Nick540

Members
Yea ading your right its only temp til next week when I get my real stand. Also is the 2 fluval 70s enough for the jack and oscar? I know Oscars do have a big bioload but it's just them. Also does anybody know why my fish are super active only when I walk away from the tank lol

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The Fluval (Aquaclear) 70's are good filters. I personally run a 70 and 110 on my 55, but your stock load is relatively light. I think you'd be okay.

As far as the fish only being active when you walk away, it's my experience that it is an instinctual thing when you only have 1 or 2 cichlids in a tank by themselves. They're staying out of sight so they are safe. I've had good luck by adding some smaller, active fish (tetras, danios, barbs) that are out and about. It will make the cichlids more comfortable.