• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need some help- Shellies for Science Project

eden2020

Members
Hello everyone...

Need a little help. My little guy got all excited about entering a Science Project at school (he's 8). Since he went to the expo last year he has been buggin' me for "shellies" as he refers to them. I thought a cool project would be to put together a small 10 gallon or 20 gallon tank for him to take care of and document their behavior and hopefully breed them. Project starts as soon as possible, but has until March 5th to report out. I personally don't know much about them, but we have breed other African Cichlids. Do you think a 10 gallon or 20 long? And does any one have a small group that are capable of breeding that he can study. Amazing how a ribbon and new fish can motivate an 8 year old. I am located in Shepherdstown WV and will even return the fish if needed back. I guess it doesn't matter what species just need a small shell dweller so it can be done in a small tank. And yes I will pay for them. Hopefully someone has some close by...

Thanks for your help in advance!

-Marc and Marcus

I have tons of N. multifasciatus that he can have if you have the tank. Mine breed like rabbits. I started with 5 pairs and have had hundreds of them. I've already sold or given away over 50 and it barely looks like a dent was taken out of the tank. I'm planning on getting rid of the tank soon, so come and get your breeding colony from me.

Arlene