• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Plecos for May Meeting

Becca

Members
I had promised free plecos to the first 10 people who bought new memberships in April and I also had a member or two asking to buy some.

As most of you probably know, I'm having some problems in one of my pleco grow-outs.

I have another batch coming up, but they're going to be REALLY tiny and I'm afraid that I'd harm them trying to net and bag them.

If I owe you a free pleco, I will pull together what I have in other tanks (I always put a few in other tanks because babies are awesome algae eaters) and bring that to the May meeting. I may end up with some IOU's - I think I've got 7 or so in other tanks - mix of ages/sizes.

If you were BUYING baby plecos from me, I will not be bringing your baby plecos to the May meeting.

Becca

Members
I PM'd Ruth, so just waiting to hear back :).

If anyone is pretty sure they're on this list and would prefer White Cloud Mountain Minnow fry, let me know. I've got a gaggle of those and they seem to grow pretty quickly. They won't be big enough to go in with other types of fish by the meeting, but they'll be big enough to transport. They're a cold-water CARES fish and spawn readily so long as there's moss around to drop eggs in. They don't eat their young and can winter over in ponds. A group wintered in my parents' pond this year even with the super harsh weather.

Becca

Members
Ok - so it looks like I owe plecos to the following members who joined on or after 3/25/14:

So, welcome, new members:

Kkober
apape0
wmarin
judtaaron
wsantia1
jthamm2003
stlbluesaddict
npbarca

If you think your name should be on this list and it isn't, just let me know :). I'll be at the meeting on Saturday, with a bucket o' plecos. If you can bring a bag, please do, but I'll also have some with me. I usually arrive right around 2 because getting anywhere with a toddler is an olympic sport, especially when they reach an age where they can take their pants off and run away.

I believe I have enough plecos hanging around in other tanks to get one to everyone on the list. They will not all be the same size or color.

Anything not given away before the auction starts will be bagged up and placed on the CCA donation table.

kkober

Members
Thanks

Ok - so it looks like I owe plecos to the following members who joined on or after 3/25/14:

So, welcome, new members:

Kkober
apape0
wmarin
judtaaron
wsantia1
jthamm2003
stlbluesaddict
npbarca

If you think your name should be on this list and it isn't, just let me know :). I'll be at the meeting on Saturday, with a bucket o' plecos. If you can bring a bag, please do, but I'll also have some with me. I usually arrive right around 2 because getting anywhere with a toddler is an olympic sport, especially when they reach an age where they can take their pants off and run away.

I believe I have enough plecos hanging around in other tanks to get one to everyone on the list. They will not all be the same size or color.

Anything not given away before the auction starts will be bagged up and placed on the CCA donation table.

This is a pleasant surprise - Anyway I can score a albino?