• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free 72-Gallon Bow, Stand, Canopy

JLW

CCA Members
Hey Gang,

I have a black 72-gallon tank, with a wooden cabinet, and the plastic style canopy / cap (the part that goes above the aquarium, usually made of wood). It does not have either the glass hood or a light.

The cabinet is rough, with a lot of salt creep.

The centre brace is broken on the tank, and the tank may need resealed -- it's sat empty for a while, and I'm not sure it holds water.

Probably a weekend project at least. You'll have to reseal the tank, put a new frame on it, probably sand and refinish the cabinet, buy glass tops. Or, I suppose, you could just pretty up the stand and use it as is for lizards or something.

The tank is YOURS if you come get it out of the Batfish warehouse, about 10 minutes from the CCA meeting, either just before the meeting this Saturday or afterward. If I can't get rid of it this weekend, I'll probably eventually manage to get it to the dumpster. :)

Last edited:

kevin911

Members
Hahaha..always room in the shed..and besides.. It would be nice to try a project like that..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lol If you get it, can I have the canopy ? I've been looking for one for a while..

JLW

CCA Members
Hey guys,

Given that this needs glass tops, and a light; and given that the tank probably needs to be resealed, and needs a new frame; and given that the cabinet needs refinished; I presumed I would probably have one person who might come out to pick it up. I clearly grossly underestimated the value of this tank to the club. I did not expect the level of interest I have received, at all: I have about 25 PMs regarding this. I have people offering me money for it, including a bid for a $100, etc. etc.

I'd love to keep everyone happy, but -- in the real world -- that doesn't happen, and the best we can often strive for is to keep everyone equally unhappy. And, well, it's my tank, so I can do whatever the fish I want to do with it. :p

I am entering this tank into the CCA Mini Auction this Saturday as a DONATION to CCA. If ya'll want to fight over it, you can do so in the most fair, sporting manner -- bidding. Since the tank has no value to me, I'll let CCA reap the benefit of it.

JW.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks Josh - very generous and a great way to

If you want this tank, please bid on it!

Matt

Hey guys,

Given that this needs glass tops, and a light; and given that the tank probably needs to be resealed, and needs a new frame; and given that the cabinet needs refinished; I presumed I would probably have one person who might come out to pick it up. I clearly grossly underestimated the value of this tank to the club. I did not expect the level of interest I have received, at all: I have about 25 PMs regarding this. I have people offering me money for it, including a bid for a $100, etc. etc.

I'd love to keep everyone happy, but -- in the real world -- that doesn't happen, and the best we can often strive for is to keep everyone equally unhappy. And, well, it's my tank, so I can do whatever the fish I want to do with it. :p

I am entering this tank into the CCA Mini Auction this Saturday as a DONATION to CCA. If ya'll want to fight over it, you can do so in the most fair, sporting manner -- bidding. Since the tank has no value to me, I'll let CCA reap the benefit of it.

JW.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I think George (turfboss) bought it himself for like a $30 donation to the club...after he offered to deliver it to whoever outbid him.

Thanks to George and Josh for their generosity!

Matt