• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Just ordered fish for the first time

Aqua410

Members
I placed an order with wetspot tonight. This will be the first time for me receiving fish in the mail.

I ordered 1 Heros sp. Inridia, and 2 Heros sp. Rotkeils. Very excited for the inridia as I've never seen one other then a few pictures here and there. I may even order more later but I have to be mindful of tank space until I move and have a proper basement fish room.

Aqua410

Members
Just realized I used my qt tank for the sump on the 75 grow out. I guess I'll be adding them if they have ick and treating the whole tank. Annoying!

What do you guys use to treat ick? I'm not sure how salt tolerant the severums and chocolate cichlid are so I may medicate. Anyone use API super ick cure before?

Aqua410

Members
Fingers crossed they don't come in with ich I read some other stuff where wetspot shipped fish with ich. What the heck are they thinking? Like I'm going to order expensive fish ship them from the west coast and not notice or something?

Hannibal

Members
Maybe its no so much they have ich before they are shipped but develop it due to the stress of shipping. I wouldn't think a business such as WetSpot would knowingly ship sick fish.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've seen Steve's (WetSpot's) operation behind the scenes - he quarantines and stabilizes everything prior to sales / shipping. Which is quite exceptional.

Shipping is stressful for fish (humans too). It's easy for them to develop ich, especially. Best to quarantine everything, apparent issues or not!

Matt

Maybe its no so much they have ich before they are shipped but develop it due to the stress of shipping. I wouldn't think a business such as WetSpot would knowingly ship sick fish.

Aqua410

Members
They came in healthy as can be. There was some doubt on my part of the species ID of the Heros. sp Rotkeils and I received a very thorough email back from the web sales person reassuring me that they were from the same source as nearly all the other tank raised Rotkeils they have been selling for quite some time. She assured me that if for any reason they grew out to be Heros efaciatus that they would figure out a remedy to the situation. She also seemed keenly interested in hearing back if they were not the real deal so they could know for sure that the 9 bars the fish have aren't proof that they are efaciatus and thus mislabeled. Overall I'm pretty happy with the whole transaction and would purchase fish from them again.