• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I have a breeding pair of amititlania siquia that I got from my very first auction and after a month, a pair formed and have bred regularly since. There has been some debate whether these are Honduran red points or a new species all together, but a pretty fish. The male has red fins with a blue body and trailing dorsal and anal fins that are much longer than his body. I have juveniles that are gaining color about 1.5" long. Anyone interested please let me know how many you'd like and we can go from there. I was thinking $2 each, but if you want a group, let me know how much you'd like to spend. I don't have any true pictures, but I can send a representative stock photo if you'd like. They are a central american cichlid that can be kept in neutral water (or slightly acidic to slightly basic) that is easy to feed and gets to be about 3-4 inches. I could bring them to the next meeting, or you could come pick them up or meet somewhere in between. Let me know where you'd be coming from and we can go from there. Thanks

fishfarm

Members
A. siquia and HRP are two different fish. Most likely originally came from me, Calling them HRP will end up with someone crossing them later and adding more hybrids to the hobby. Ken

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Is there any common name for this fish I can advertise under? I have been having problems finding any concrete information.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Anyone interested in these guys for $1 each? If you buy more than 3, I'll go down from there. Not looking to make much money, just want to start a new breeding project, and these fry are taking up valuable tank space. Attached pictures are representative. The first resembles the juveniles, the second a grown male, and the third a grown female. I won't be at the upcoming meeting, but I can meet you somewhere local around that weekend.

HRPjuvie.jpg

HRPmale.jpg

HRPfemale.jpg