• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Choosing Show Fish

WendyFish

Members
Ok, my most "wow" fish is one I got from an LFS, and while I know the popular name and an out-of-date scientific name, I don't know the reassigned scientific name/collection point that it depends on. I would love to show him, but I don't feel enough fish cred without these things. Anyone willing to help with an mbuna ID? I can PM some good pics. ;)

Leffler817

CCA Members
Murphy's law is in effect

I had put off separating my fish for the show for two reasons, they were fine in their current home and I didn't have room. So a week ago, I get a new tank move them with a little damage to one but it was cleared up and I was excited. Until today, when I went out to check on them and they are both beat to hell by what were peaceful tankmates. :FIREdevil: WTF!!!! Now I have nowhere to put them and they look like garbage! :sign0055: I pretty :angry3: right now. I was really hoping they would have done well. I think they look(ed) awesome. Oh well. :( If they start to recover by next week I'll register. Epic fail on my part and major bummer.

(if there was a similie smashing itself over it's head, it'd be prefect here)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
That sucks Shawn.

Separated out some of my fish and since then, had one hap scratch his side up pretty good on the eggcrate divider and another wreck up his mouth trying to bite his tankmate though the divider. They are both in their own 10s now. Luckily, they're healed up pretty well already.

davidhusker

Members
i am not separating mine. I could care less if they win or not, and would rather not stress them out and kill them moving them around.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I moved around some fish last night and cleaned a bunch of 10 gallon tanks.
I will move seperate some tonight I think. Depends on tool loading. LOL

I really need to get them on there own asap.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
So I literally have no extra tanks to separate fish. Some of the fish I am planning to bring are my breeder males because they never get beat up. Any disadvantages to leaving a show fish in a breeder tank?

longstocking

Members
Where they are all placed in the show depends on me. If you want a male and female placed together you better bring me a beer :p

Just kidding. I will do my best to make everyone happy.

In terms of substituting.... please keep it to the same class and same sized fish. That way all I have to do is print up a new label. If you are planning on making my life "unhappy" by having me move a tank... you better plan on bringing me a case and hiring a massage therapist :p

Last edited:

chris_todd

Members
I went and setup a 50 breeder with poret foam dividers so I could separate my fish. Not so much to get them away from other fish, but because they are going to be a bear to catch out of the community tanks they're in right now. So much easier to net them out of bare bottom tanks with no decorations, LOL.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Where they are all placed in the show depends on me. If you want a male and female placed together you better bring me a beer :p

Just kidding. I will do my best to make everyone happy.

In terms of substituting.... please keep it to the same class and same sized fish. That way all I have to do is print up a new label. If you are planning on making my life "unhappy" by having me move a tank... you better plan on bringing me a case and hiring a massage therapist :p
WHATS YA BRAND ? :D