• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

is cichlid connection worth buying from?

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hi, I was wondering if any body has bought fish from Gage and had anything to say about the quality of his fish.

TMSB805

Members
I agree with Terrell. Also the size of the fish listed isn't quite what you receive. Often its actually smaller by a pretty good amount.

verbal

CCA Members
Cichlids of the Americas was a generous supporter of Aquamania and I have heard good things about their fish.

Batfish Aquatics also has some Central and South American cichlids in stock.

blkmjk

Members
Cichlids of the Americas was a generous supporter of Aquamania and I have heard good things about their fish.

Batfish Aquatics also has some Central and South American cichlids in stock.
Just want to echo Jesse.

Haven't done business with Batfish but they seem to have cool stock lists all the time. But don't seem to have very many of the big meanies that your probably looking for if your cruising that sight.

I will tell you this. Dan from Cichlids of the Americas has been more than generous to me. He has bent over backwards to get me my order and help me on several occasions. I am glad to have him as my main fish supplier and as a friend. While I haven't had any experience with Gage I have not ever heard anything nice about his customer service. His stock is nice for sure. But for me its the buying experience and to top it off Dan's pricing is the best around period. And by the way he was a forum sponsor at aquamania!

Just my two cents worth.... well maybe a little more.

Drew

spazmattik

Members
no experience with either but I would be interested in splitting shipping if anyone plans on buying from either any time soon. one good thing about cichlidconnection is the minimum order is only 50 vs 100.

spazmattik

Members
Sweet. I forgot about that. Thanks Jon. Now only if my patience can hold. Lol.. unfortunately I lost my istlanum from rapps yesterday :( he had amazing potential too.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
how do you join one of those group orders? I have always wanted to order from coa but have never needed over 100 dollars of cichlids at once.

leonj

Buying stock from cichlid of the americas

Hello, really new to this forum, but thought it would be good to put my two cents in,although this thread is old...Have bought various cichlids from Cichlid of the americas, within the last year.Have to say all fish recieved were around the 2 inch size...they are now pushing little over 5 inches, point to the long winded thread. Have to say all his fish I have received are all beautiful,healthy and doing great..his stock is as good as jeff rapps, or don conkels, recommend his fish to anybody have had zero issues, not the fastest guy to reply to emails,but keep trying, he will in a day or two..but give him a try he's worth the purchase...thank you
Purchased from him...
2 orange melanarus
1 broderi
2 sajicas
3 hetropilius
1 regani
1 argentea

Face021

Members
Leonj,

even with the thread being older the added information is great for me. I'm new to the site and rooting around looking for more information. My LFS that was amazing at working with me for buying from places with minimum orders; however they went out of business and I'm looking around for other good deals on fish I can find readily available. Thank you.