• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hi from NJ

I am not from DC metro area but have been coming down to NOVA and MD regularly on biz trips. I used to tour LFSs between Baltimore and DC, but unfortunately, most of the good ones are closed. Lately I have been buying fish from CCA's members through MEK, so I am no stranger to CCA and know it is a good club. I like CCA because it is a broad based cichlid club that shares my interest in both CA/SA and Africans. Now that I have two daughters who live in Fairfax and Rockville, I have more opportunities to come south to trade fish with CCA members or perhaps attend certain CCA activities like the upcoming convention in March.

Ading522

Members
Welcome to the forum! Hope to see you at some of the meetings! What fish are you primarily keeping?

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Nice screen name! Welcome I'm right over in pa.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I didn't realize that I picked a user name that is so close to yours. I hope no one would mistaken me as your imposter. I am from SNJ across from Philly, so I am not far from you. I used to attend Midatlantic Cichlid Keepers meetings in Philly until the club folded a few years ago.

I have a 125, three 75, a 30 and a 10 gal keeping mixed CA/SA and Africans. For CA/SA I keep GT, Vieja, Thorichthys and Cryptoheros species. For Africans, I keep mostly peacocks, Juli and lamprologus species.

kevin911

Members
Welcome! Just want to say I love your green terror avatar, please let me know if that's ever for sale or trade. Thanks !

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

The hump size depends on genetic, as not every GT gets big hump. With good genetic, it takes 2 year to develop a visible hump, and 3 year or more to develop a massive hump. Keeping them with competing males will push them to grow hump faster and bigger in the expense of aggression.

Here is a youtube of the avatar GT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfV8f0-G_z4

He is the grandfather of about 30 fry I am raising from his young son and daughter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCY-2y9dIJI

Localzoo

Board of Directors
This is my guy...or girl
Any tips on green terrors?
This was a Craigslist tag along...came with some cons I bought. He's not as mean as everyone says but then again he's or she might change.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1388858314.718680.jpg

They are two years old post hatching. The son is still too young to attain the hump size of the father. They are the tall body strain that is different from the strain you see in LFSs. I don't force feed them, only twice a day, so they are always hungry.