• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Termato

Board of Directors
Funny video. Fishnado hahahah

Curious to see what you turn this one into with the more fish and hiding areas.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
my yellow labs and rusties do that alot, within species and between them. Interesting to see the rusty chasing the yellow lab chasing the rusty chasing the yellow lab, etc.

Cleanwater

Members
So this begs the question continue with Mbuna or sell them and pursue Julidochromis... I personally have never had much of an interest in Malawi cichlids... I feel such an oaf for buying the wrong fish... embarrassing...

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Depends on your preference, but if you stick with auratus, you'll want a larger group and a larger tank. They're harem spawners, and males can be really rough on females, so I'd recommend a minimum of 8, and a minimum of a 55 when grown.

No need to feel embarrassed, the color pattern on juvie auratus is the same as the regani, and its more likely the fault of the person who sold them to you.

Cleanwater

Members
IMG_0671.jpg

Some new sponge filters arrived in the mail today, Yay! I just wanted to get these going so I can add tanks quickly with cycled media in the future.

Thanks for your words Michael, helps my wounded pride a bit. I think I'll part with the mbunas. They are perfectly healthy if a bit new. They've been kept in Lothian well water with a constant drip and overflow and fed home made frozen food made of blended shrimp, tilapia, baby food peas, and spirulina. Free to good home....