• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for pool filter sand in the Frederick MD, to Martinsburg WV area

Cichlid Lips

Members
Anyone have any sources? Having not ever had the need I have not looked but am not having much luck finding it on the web locally.

TIA

Becca

Members
Go to a pool supply store. It doesn't pay to order it online because you'll get charged a lot for shipping due to its weight.

lkelly

Members
Home Depot carries it if you have trouble finding a Leslie's or other pool supply store. Pretty cheap at HD too.

Becca

Members
Might be seasonal. Our local pool supply place told me to come back when the guy who has keys to the warehouse was around because in the winter they lock it in the warehouse to make room for other stock.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Check out Flamingo Pool Supply (over by Trick Trucks off Grove Road) in Frederick. I've purchased several bags from them over the years.

Tangcollector

Staff member
I know it is a ride for you but Danny's in Crofton carries Mystic White pool filter sand. They have always had a ton of it there and it is really white sand if that is what you are looking for. The last time I bought it, it was 12.95 for a 50lb bag. Really white sand.