• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Catfish Convention 2016 registration is open!

chriscoli

Administrator
Hey Everyone,

The website for the Catfish Convention is live!
http://catfishcon.com/

This is one of my favorite local meetings and auctions!
From their website:

October 13-16, 2016
Hyatt Regency Dulles
2300 Dulles Corner Boulevard
Herndon, VA 20171

On behalf of the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society, welcome to the All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2016! This is the official website for the convention and your source for all the information you need about attending the convention.

Join the PVAS Forum and follow us on Facebook! Read breaking news on the convention; Find a roommate; Get your questions answered quickly; Tell us what you're bringing; Talk to fellow conventioneers; etc.

Schedule of Programs:

Thursday, October 13 **FREE Preview Mini-Convention**
7:30pm Anton Lamboj: Mouthbrooders with a Family Life - Benitochromis and Chromidotilapia
9:00pm Eric Bodrock: 35 Years of Killifish!
10:00pm Hans Evers: Malili Lakes - Sulawesi Shrimps Visited in their Natural Habitats

Friday, October 14
7:00pm Ingo Seidel: Loricariids of the Genus Pseudacanthicus
8:00pm Regina Spotti: The Forgotten and the Overlooked - My Take on Little Brown Catfishes

Saturday, October 15
9:30am Stephan Tanner: Ecological Niches and Diet in Catfishes: Assumptions and Science
11:00am Barbie Fiorentino: Breeding Ancistrus
1:00pm Brooks Burr: Natural History of North American Catfishes (Ictaluridae)
2:30pm Ingo Seidel: Woodcats – Species, Habitats and Breeding
4:00pm Hans Evers: What's New in Corydoras?
5:30pm Pleco Breeding Forum: Dale Ernst, Barbie Fiorentino, Ingo Seidel, Stephan Tanner
8:00pm Anton Lamboj: The secret world of West African Catfish

Sunday, October 16
All Day Auction

Becca

Members
I really like that there are reasonably priced registration options this year. We might actually manage to attend if we can arrange childcare.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Been to every Catfish Convention since moving to the area - always a great event with awesome speakers and lots of folks from out-of-town.

I'd assume that CCA will be hosting a Hospitality Suite on Friday night :)

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Been to all of them so far. Worked 2 of them.

Not sure if I am doing this one this time.

Have to decide yet.

mchambers

Former CCA member
It's a great conference, with absolutely top notch speakers. Note that you save $10 if you register by June 30.

Termato

Board of Directors
Is the banquet on Saturday the only food that will be served during a talk?

I've never been to one and I'm wondering what all I should get with a ticket.

Thanks all!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Victor - I believe the banquet is the only meal where a talk is given. The other meals you can get at the hotel are typically in between events (except the Sunday pizza during the auction). Some folks eat all of their meals at the hotel, some prefer to venture out to local establishments for meals.

dogofwar

CCA Members
There's a sit-down dinner (which costs extra) on Saturday night. I'd assume the banquet speaker requires you to eat at the banquet.

Other than the dinner, you can register for the meals or just grab stuff in the area.

Matt

Is the banquet on Saturday the only food that will be served during a talk?

I've never been to one and I'm wondering what all I should get with a ticket.

Thanks all!

Becca

Members
Which is the banquet speaker? It didn't say on the program. I'm guessing either the panel/forum or Anton, but neither is right at dinner time.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I would also guess Anton is giving the banquet talk. I would think a panel discussion during dinner would be difficult to do.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
LOL
Yep.
Banquet speaker is Anton.

Couple of these speakers are such great people.
I may have to just to see them. LOL