• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Poly filter

Forester

Members
HI everyone,

I am in the process of bulging a sump and am planning on using poly filter. I'm just wondering where to get your poly filter sheets. I have found it on Amazon but either too expensive or too much of it.

Thanks for the help,

Lucas

mchambers

Former CCA member
Me too. I don't think I'd use it in a sump, however. Just think it's overkill and quite expensive for that use.

Forester

Members
Me too. I don't think I'd use it in a sump, however. Just think it's overkill and quite expensive for that use.

I found some fairly cheap stuff on amazon. I'm Goin to build joey'joy's drip tower with the plastic storage system and have the floss as a second stage in that.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Maybe mixing two polyfilters?

One is chemical filtration and is great for removing all sorts of stuff but is expensive. I get mine from kens or south central cichlids when they're at a show

The other is fluff in sheet form, which is inert and for mechanical media. Also inexpensive. I get mine at Michaels craft store with a 40% off coupon in the Sunday post.

I like the chemical polyfilter but wouldn't put sheets of it in a sump. A little piece or two can do wonders. Also great for shipping fish...

Matt

dhavalsp

Members

Also great for shipping fish...

Matt

so that's what that little chunk of foam is in shipped bags...

This is hilarious, I always thought that they put that with a single fish so it does not get lonely....I remember explaining it to my wife and spreading the misconception...lol

Forester

Members

One is chemical filtration and is great for removing all sorts of stuff but is expensive. I get mine from kens or south central cichlids when they're at a show

The other is fluff in sheet form, which is inert and for mechanical media. Also inexpensive. I get mine at Michaels craft store with a 40% off coupon in the Sunday post.

I like the chemical polyfilter but wouldn't put sheets of it in a sump. A little piece or two can do wonders. Also great for shipping fish...

Matt

I meant the mechanical one. That's where I'll look. Thanks Matt!

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
I just started using Pinkies in my canister filters. Relatively inexpensive sheets.