• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

MoCo residents - free RainBox Rainbarrel

chriscoli

Administrator
Wheaton Woods Rain Barrel Workshop

rainbox-with-background_crop.jpg

Coming next week!
You're invited to receive a RainBox rain barrel and learn about rain barrels and other RainScapes projects to create watershed-friendly landscapes.
What: Rain Barrel Workshop
When: Thursday, October 2, 2014, 6:30 – 8pm

Where: Aspen Hill Library 4407 Aspen Hill Rockville, MD 20853

Cost: None
How: Click here to register, Registration is required

Questions?

Please contact RainScapes at 240-777-7702 or
rainscapes@montgomerycountymd.gov

Becca

Members
I paid for mine last week, still don't have my slip to pick them up.:(

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
With all the recycling HoCo pushes (most recent--green bins for table scaps that the county will compost then sell back to you, but Columbia won't let you have your own compost bin), I'm surprised they haven't done rain barrels.

Blaise

Localzoo

Board of Directors
The county is weird, we are in the process if trying to redo our house and we asked about grey water recycling....the answer was "uhhh we don't know"
So state says yes so that's what I'll go with.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
Ooh so not free then? I was going back looking for where I saw that and can't find it now.

I paid for 4 barrels, which I had to mail a check for. Haven't heard ANYTHING back. I purchased them from the Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin because we applied for the rainscapes program which has specific requirements for barrels - the barrels they sell there meet the requirements and are $90 for a 60 gallon barrel that comes with EVERYTHING, as opposed to the usual $110-$120 for a 50-55 gallon barrel that doesn't have a diverter/install kit.

I emailed them and am hoping to hear something back, but it is a little shady.