• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Silver arowana

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Thats awesome, my past aros have grown extremely fast when they where juvies but then when they hit around a foot their growth starts to gradually slow down.

Acpape0

Members
2 month update :

Diet:
hakari carni sticks
Freeze dried krill
Frozen crickets
Refused fresh fish and fresh shrimp

Color :
reds and greens showing much more than when I got it

Aggression:
No issues yet. He gets along great with the altifrons

Temperament :
Not very shy anymore for a young arowana anyways

Tank changes:
Added a eheim 2217 to the tank, upgraded to a mag 18 in the sump(no valve restriction)
Added wave maker and k1 media into sump also

Tank upgrade status:
I am looking to upgrade in early December .... I am hoping to upgrade to a 210 7x2x2 used tank but if I can't find one I will order a 72x30x24 wide 240 from glass cages.

Water chemistry:
As of right now nitrates are 20 ppm before I do a 75% weekly water change. I am hoping to only have to do a weekly change until I upgrade in December ...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1411344978.239766.jpg

creepyoldguy

Members
I love aros. Read the whole thread and glad to hear it's going well. I've had a black, few silvers and a jar. I love these fish. Wait til he gets closer to the 18"-24" mark. Absolutely beautiful fish to watch.

Trust me when I tell you, for long term, a 36 in tank would be best. I know there are some real nazis about tank size and honestly an a to would be ok in a 6x2 or 7x2 tank, an 8x3 is about as small as you want to go for an aro to really enjoy the fish.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Why you put fish that gets 3 feets in tank of only 7 feets an 2 feet.

When the fish reaches 3 feet, Im sure Adam would've already upgraded or sold the aro to someone who has a tank large enough
Plus, the fish's new home is so much better than his old home. While its not a perfect tank, its still a 125 and the fish doesnt look cramped at all.

Acpape0

Members
When the fish reaches 3 feet, Im sure Adam would've already upgraded or sold the aro to someone who has a tank large enough
Plus, the fish's new home is so much better than his old home. While its not a perfect tank, its still a 125 and the fish doesnt look cramped at all.

Thx dan and I just upgraded him into a 180... It's just a stepping stone but it is all he needs for now

Acpape0

Members
I have been working with MOBY for a few months now to get her to let me stroke/pet her.... Now routinely before feeding time I an allowed to "pet" her sides. I really do love this fish. And considering how timid / shy this fish was when I rescued her from that 30 gallon tank, I am mighty proud. Before I catch he*l from somebody about "touching" a fish, the arowana is happy and health and has been for the entirety of the training. It is a pretty cool new aspect to the hobby I have never experienced before and I felt like sharing

AquaStudent

Members
Is the fish 18 yet (in fishy years)? If not, and ESPECIALLY if it's not consensual, then you could get in some deep trouble for that! :p

Do you have any modern photos of Moby?