• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Barrel

Becca

Members
I'm looking for a big, food-safe barrel to use to store rain water indoors. I have rain barrels, but the water coming out of them is a bit cold to put into my tanks. If anyone has one they're looking to part with, please let me know.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Back in Sacramento, the local Coca Cola bottler sold 55g plastic drums (the kind that the syrup comes in) for like $5 each (or 5/$20).

Haven't tried to buy any out here but I basically just went to the bottler and asked to buy some drums...

Matt

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yep

Back in Sacramento, the local Coca Cola bottler sold 55g plastic drums (the kind that the syrup comes in) for like $5 each (or 5/$20).

Haven't tried to buy any out here but I basically just went to the bottler and asked to buy some drums...

Matt
One of my rain barrels is a repurposed plastic drum from a bottler.

I think calling a bottler or doing more Craigslist searching is probably your best hope.

dogofwar

CCA Members
When we moved out here, I put them for sale on Craigslist, on Thanksgiving Day, no less.

In less than an hour, they were sold and gone. I'd imagine that there are other uses than DIY filters and rain barrels for 55g plastic drums, so I hope that their sales hasn't become as complicated as, say, Sudafed...

Matt

One of my rain barrels is a repurposed plastic drum from a bottler.

I think calling a bottler or doing more Craigslist searching is probably your best hope.

Becca

Members
there is a guy in clarksburg that sell them think $35 saw in cl.

Yeah, he is close by but I've seen some iffy stuff about him - mainly that he tells you he has them for $35 and you get there and he's "all out" but has more for $70... Might have to check that out this weekend.

Becca

Members
Thanks, guys. I've got a few CL ads I've contacted that are a little closer to my area. If all else fails, I'll go for the good ol' 32 gallon Rubbermaid Brute.

frkyltn

Members
Thanks, guys. I've got a few CL ads I've contacted that are a little closer to my area. If all else fails, I'll go for the good ol' 32 gallon Rubbermaid Brute.

Sorry, gave you those links without remembering where you were located. good luck with search