• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Geophagus Brasilensis fry

blkmjk

Members
Ok one of the pairs I picked up at cat con from Chris Todd decided to spawn. This posting is to gauge interest in the fry. I will keep them with the parents at the expense of the fellow inhabitants of the tank if there is no interest. If there is interest on some fry I will pull them when they become wigglers. No need to pm me just post here if you would like to give this awesome species a try.

Drew

jonclark96

Past CCA President
That didn't take long at all, did it?

Congrats on the spawn. Unfortunately, no room in the fish room for me to keep these cool fish.

blkmjk

Members
No it didn't but judging from the 40 views and no replies I guess they aren't too popular. I will hold out until they hatch. But after that???

Drew

Becca

Members
We are working on a 100 gal paluadarium with sand bottom for catfish that like to dig. It will probably hold 70-80 gallons of water. Is this enough space for these guys?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

blkmjk

Members
I would say yes as there are 10 currently in a 90 gallon with a female umbee who claims half of the tank. They are very feisty though. And have been aggressive towards each other since the spawn. I would say they are on par with some of the rougher CA cichlids I've dealt with. Which means to me they are right up my alley! But not for most people I've met in the club. Maybe Chris can chime in here as they were his fish first?

Drew

verbal

CCA Members
I would be interested in some fry or a pair/group of adults. Although it will probably be a few weeks before I am ready for them.

Becca

Members
I would say yes as there are 10 currently in a 90 gallon with a female umbee who claims half of the tank. They are very feisty though. And have been aggressive towards each other since the spawn. I would say they are on par with some of the rougher CA cichlids I've dealt with. Which means to me they are right up my alley! But not for most people I've met in the club. Maybe Chris can chime in here as they were his fish first?

Drew

I think the inhabitants of that tank will be Raphael cats and some larger dithers... Though Jeremy had said something about crabs for the land portion.

blkmjk

Members
Jesse, let me know which ever you want we can work deal you can pick which ones your interested in. Or wait for fry?

I will pull fry and stick them in a sponge powered Rubbermaid.

Drew

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'd choose smaller fish than brasiliensis for it...although they'll work for awhile...

Matt

I think the inhabitants of that tank will be Raphael cats and some larger dithers... Though Jeremy had said something about crabs for the land portion.