• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Lots of great fish & equipment left

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Available by appointment mostly all week - that means call ahead - (415) 632-7174 - to make sure I'm here at 2615 13th Street NW, Washington DC between Euclid & Irving on the Yellow/Green lines halfway between the "U" Street and Columbia Heights Metro stations.

This is what remains:

Ptyacochromis oligacanthus – reliable spawning pair, truly awesome Madagascar cichlids
Adult spawning pair of HRPs "Rio Danil" with red fins
Spawning pair of crimson Hemichromis guttatus (small and mellower African jewelfish)
Oblongum fry – 20+
Apisto. vijeita gold quartet –M/FFF adults
Nannacara aureocephalus – 5 juveniles/adults
Paraiba blue angels – 4 adults (just spawned today)
Apisto. iniridae 4-5 adults
Inca stone fish – 1 adult male
Apisto. panduro – 6-8 juveniles
Apisto. Kelleri – M/F/F pre-adult trio
Nannacara anomala – 6-8 juveniles/adults + fry
Nanachromis teugelsi – 4-5 adults
Corydoras weitzmani – 8+ adults
Corydoras super arcuatus – 11 adults of second largest Corydoras
Corydoras robustus – 7 adults, largest member of genus Corydoras
Apisto. barlowi white variety – 2 adult pairs
Wild tetras - 4 WC undescribed long-bodied largish adults with red fins

Tanks:
(1) 75 48†x 18†mint with tops, Catalina 4 tube T5 light fixture w/moonlights, serviceable but homely double door wooden stand on casters/wheels is optional/free
(2) 40B with full width glass tops (no center brace), with or without or Coralife twin compact fluorescent (CF)
(2) 30 36†x 12†with tops & double wrought iron stand
(2) 29Hs with tops & black steel stand
(1) Metaframe steel and glass 20L with plastic hood
(12) 10s with glass tops, sponge filters
(2) 5s, one with full plastic hood, sponge filters
(1) 14G Bio-cube with black cabinet stand
(1) 1 40B critter tank/terrarium (thin glass)

Stands:

2 72†x 18†black angle iron double stands, one center braced (each will hold 12 10s on end, 4 40Bs or various combination of small tanks);
1 wrought iron art-deco style double 48†x 12†stand;
1 wrought iron double 15 stand
1 wrought iron double 10 stand

Half-dozen 24" to 48" Coralife CFs, 12 variously sized Jaeger/Fluval M heaters, assorted HOB filters, etc., etc., etc. as well as a large amount of Anubias, driftwood, low-light plants and substrates that includes fine white gravel, clean white play sand (very fine), also agate pea and finer stone/gravel. Also a small mountain of fishroom supplies - pretty much anything for freshwater from breeder boxes to an RO/DI system and rain/collection barrel.

Still also a lightly-used (guest room) $3000 Stearns & Foster California King size pillow-top mattress and box spring that is going cheap ($400) if someone wants a truly enormous and luxurious bed...

Becca

Members
Sam - I'm still interested in the little cylinder aquarium, if you still have it. Would gladly take every Nannacara you have, but I need time to restock my bank account!

I know Damian needed some of the aureocephalus.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Mesmerizing

Pulling all my heaters in concert with low night temperatures seems to have triggered something rare - my Coryforas robustus and super arcuatus are doing that glass-spawning dance in both tanks. Chance here to do a first US spawn of both species only I have to drain their tanks tomorrow, guess the "must have giant Corydoras" gene is not as common as I imagined.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Mara = 75 stand pic

Pic of the 75 stand - it's actually more attractive than it appears - has dark walnut-type stain - flash on the camera makes it look orange which it is not. Upon reflection it's actually a pretty nice unit, even has heavy-duty casters that allow it to be rolled around (not sure I'd try it with the tank more than 1/3-1/2 full). but does need a new inside plywood "deck" to replace the particle board that disintegrated when it got wet.

PA110137.JPG

etu1002

Members
Hi Sam,
The water lily you gave me is very stunning. I am looking for other red plant. Do you happen to have red crypt?

Eric

maramc

Members
Sam, thanks for pic. I'll take it too. I probably will have a second person to help carry (fingers crossed). See you tomorrow.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Sale update - disappearing fast

Can't believe I still have two 40 breeders with glass tops sitting here.

Available by appointment mostly all week so call ahead - (415) 632-7174 - to make sure I'm here at 2615 13th Street NW, Washington DC between Euclid & Irving on the Yellow/Green lines halfway between the "U" Street and Columbia Heights Metro stations.

List getting shorter:

Ptyacochromis oligacanthus – reliable spawning pair, truly awesome Madagascar cichlids
Adult spawning pair of red-finned HRPs "Rio Danil"
A. oblongum fry – 20+
Apisto. vijeita gold quartet –M/FFF adults
Paraiba blue angels – 4 adults (first spawn -10/13/2013)
Inca stone fish – 1 adult male
Apisto. panduro – 6-8 juveniles
Corydoras super arcuatus – 11 adults of second largest Corydoras
Corydoras robustus – 7 adults, largest member of genus Corydoras
Apisto. barlowi white variety – 2 adult pair
Wild tetras - 4 WC undescribed long-bodied largish adults with red fins

Also: Holly has 15+ blue tetras that aren’t quite working out that need a buyer – very cool fish

Tanks:
(2) 40B with full width glass tops (no center brace), with or without or Coralife twin compact fluorescent (CF)/extras
(2) 30s 36†x 12†with tops & double wrought iron stand
(2) 20Ls with tops
(1) Metaframe steel and glass 20L with plastic hood
(2) 10s with glass tops, sponge filters
(2) 5s, one with full plastic hood, sponge filters
(1) 14G Bio-cube with black cabinet stand
(1) 1 40B critter tank/terrarium (thin glass)

- have filters, lights, etc for all the tanks.

Stands:

(1) 72†x 18†black angle iron double stand, center braced (will hold a 100/125/150 on top and whatever can be fit on the bottom shelf (for example, two 40Bs or 6 10s), or 12 10s on end, or 4 40Bs, or other various combination of small tanks);
1 wrought iron art-deco style double 48†x 12†stand;
1 wrought iron double 15 stand
1 wrought iron double 10 stand

Equipment:

Half-dozen 24" to 48" Coralife CFs, 12 variously sized Jaeger/Fluval M heaters, assorted HOB filters, etc., etc., etc. as well as a whole lot of Anubias, driftwood, low-light plants and substrates that includes fine white gravel, clean white play sand (very fine), and small river agate/sand/gravel mix. Also a small mountain of fishroom supplies - pretty much anything for freshwater from breeder boxes to an RO/DI system and rain/collection barrel.

Still have lightly-used (guest room) $3000 Stearns & Foster California King size pillow-top mattress and box spring that is going cheap ($400) if someone wants a truly enormous and luxurious bed...this I can deliver.

Becca

Members
Did I leave a bag of plants on Friday night? If not there's a bag of plants I can't find floating around here somewhere...

Funny story about the blue tetras - we saw them at Josh's a few months ago and he said "not for sale, they're all Sam's." Then I saw them in the tank with the Cupidos, but knew Holly was going to pick them up. Well, they're back with their buddies in the 150...

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Excellent

Did I leave a bag of plants on Friday night? If not there's a bag of plants I can't find floating around here somewhere...

Funny story about the blue tetras - we saw them at Josh's a few months ago and he said "not for sale, they're all Sam's." Then I saw them in the tank with the Cupidos, but knew Holly was going to pick them up. Well, they're back with their buddies in the 150...

That is so very very cool.

No loose bag of plants hereabouts - keep looking.