• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

A local business needs help

Becca

Members
As many of you know, Batfish Aquatics is an generous and constant sponsor of our club. Batfish is also one of the few local fish "stores" that is still in business. Every month the owner, Joshua Wiegert donates stock and/or dry goods to our auctions, digs up great deals for us on hard-to-find fish, and helps out with club events.

Some of you may also have heard that Josh and Batfish have had a rough couple of years, particularly regarding their last location. Without a lawyer, it's unlikely that Batfish Aquatics will be around much longer.

I don't know about the rest of you. Yes, I'm sharing this because Josh is a friend of my family, but I'm also sharing it because I really, REALLY, like having fish-seller nearby who can find whatever odd-ball fish I'm looking for and give me good direction on how to keep it alive.

Josh has a "Go Fund Me" page set up, with the encouragement of many friends, to help with his legal fees. Please consider donating. Even a little bit can go a long way. Moderators - if this post is not allowed, I apologize.

http://www.gofundme.com/ma35a8kc

jonclark96

Past CCA President
CCA, Joshua has been a great supporter of the club and the hobby. Please help him out if you can.

Becca

Members
Just gonna throw this out there - if anyone on here happens to be a litigator who could handle the kind of case described in Josh's gofundme link, please get in touch with him.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Donation sent.

Josh has been such a generous supporter of CCA and the other local clubs. Please give him a hand in his time of need.

Thanks,
Matt

mchambers

Former CCA member
I'll second that

Donation sent.

Josh has been such a generous supporter of CCA and the other local clubs. Please give him a hand in his time of need.

Thanks,
Matt
Folks, having Batfish support the club is better than having a LFS! Please show your support for Josh.

Matt C.

JasonC

Members
I just donated...

Lets go folks. This is a great guy who has been forced into a crappy situation. Lets help return his generosity to the club.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Me too. Thanks to everyone who has donated. If you have a couple of bucks to spare, please consider helping out Josh.

Becca

Members
I just wanted to thank everyone who has donated so far. I am so impressed with the folks in this club. This isn't the first time one of our community members has fallen on hard times and it isn't the first time I've seen you guys all step up to the plate to help. I am so proud to be a member of this community!

JLW

CCA Members
Wow, I cannot thank you guys enough for helping out. In one day, it's already about a sixth of the way there. :)

Rasta Fish

Members
Anyone want to buy some adult peacocks from me and donate the $ to josh for me?
Great price 5-6" adults peacocks $15

Sonny Disposition

In addition to the Go Fund me site, you can also contribute to Josh's cause via Pay Pal.

As many of you know, Batfish Aquatics is an generous and constant sponsor of our club. Batfish is also one of the few local fish "stores" that is still in business. Every month the owner, Joshua Wiegert donates stock and/or dry goods to our auctions, digs up great deals for us on hard-to-find fish, and helps out with club events.

Some of you may also have heard that Josh and Batfish have had a rough couple of years, particularly regarding their last location. Without a lawyer, it's unlikely that Batfish Aquatics will be around much longer.

I don't know about the rest of you. Yes, I'm sharing this because Josh is a friend of my family, but I'm also sharing it because I really, REALLY, like having fish-seller nearby who can find whatever odd-ball fish I'm looking for and give me good direction on how to keep it alive.

Josh has a "Go Fund Me" page set up, with the encouragement of many friends, to help with his legal fees. Please consider donating. Even a little bit can go a long way. Moderators - if this post is not allowed, I apologize.

http://www.gofundme.com/ma35a8kc

JLW

CCA Members
I truly, really appreciate all the help, guys. This entire situation has me pondering buying a boat and moving to international waters..... :p

halak

Members
I truly, really appreciate all the help, guys. This entire situation has me pondering buying a boat and moving to international waters..... :p

Or you could just move to Europe where the one who sues and loses in a court case has to pay the expenses of the winner. Makes sense, doesn't it?

JLW

CCA Members
I'm still curious why we eliminated dueling as a legitimate way of settling matters....