• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The best part of waking up!

spazmattik

Members
Very nice becca. I have been wanting to get some of these for a new tank i am going to set up. Cant figure out which ones i want though.. you have any fry? This video makes a tough case not to choose these guys lol

chriscoli

Administrator
Very nice! Although I love my fishroom, I do miss having tanks throughout the house for that exact reason.

(part of the deal with getting my own fishroom, is that I can do whatever I want within the confines of the room, but the fish hobby must stay contained behind those doors....a good deal, IMO)

Becca

Members
Very nice becca. I have been wanting to get some of these for a new tank i am going to set up. Cant figure out which ones i want though.. you have any fry? This video makes a tough case not to choose these guys lol

I have a sub-adult pair in the tank along with the adult trio. They're actually nearly to the size that the parents were when they first spawned. Given how large their first spawn was and how long it took me to find homes for them all, I have not encouraged them to raise another spawn. If there's real interest in the club, I think Josh has a line on them via one of his distributors. If there's REAL, REAL interest in the club, I can raise the next spawn.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Good stuff, Becca. I love having tanks throughout the house, and amazingly enough, so does my wife. Her opinion is that if I'm going to be spending time on the hobby, it might as well be with the rest of the family.

I've got my 180 right next to my recliner, and often find myself watching the tank instead of watching the TV right in front of me.

Becca

Members
Good stuff, Becca. I love having tanks throughout the house, and amazingly enough, so does my wife. Her opinion is that if I'm going to be spending time on the hobby, it might as well be with the rest of the family.

I've got my 180 right next to my recliner, and often find myself watching the tank instead of watching the TV right in front of me.

My husband can't exactly ban tanks in the house since he also has two and they probably take up about as much space as mine do combined (each is a 6-footer). I still have the wall o' tanks in the fish/utility room and often enjoy my frosty evening brew sitting in a lawn chair in front of it, but mornings are spent in front of this tank and/or the 33.

spazmattik

Members

They are definitely better to watch than the majority og whats on anyway lol. I have to have at least one tank in my living room

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Got both of my tanks in my family room, so I'm with them all the time. Great distraction from those darned commercials when watching sporting events on TV.

FishEggs

I have 4 tanks in my family room including the 220 which half of it can be seen from the other side in the kitchen. I can watch them during breakfast and during commercials.

I do the same every morning after I wake up is to feed and observe my fish in every tank, while I am finishing up my coffee. I have a timer set up in every tank for 2 hours lighting in the morning before I go to work, and 6 hour in the evening after I come home. It's the routine I look forward to do every day.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Very nice Becca! If you do decide to save some fry, I'll buy a few.
I agree that its good to have tanks outside of the fishroom. Its great to have a beautiful piece of a lake or river in my living room.