• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need some Help

I have a Pseudotropheus Johanni brought with a group of six, I noticed after introducing the group into my community tank one was always swimming at the top of the tank. All the others were swimming around with no issues, came home last night and he was on the bottom of the tank on his side but he was moving his fins. So I moved him to sick tank and checked on him this morning, also I do not see any enlargement of his belly nor do I see any signs of a sunken belly. This morning no change he is still on the bottom but is still moving his fins (which tells me he is still alive). I tried to feed him a pea last night but I am having a difficult time getting it in his mouth.

As I was writing this statement I went in so that I could get a pic of him to post, he swim out of my hands and was upright for a sec. When I grabbed him and was bring him to the surface he swim out of my hands and actually looked normal for a minute before going back to the bottom and laying on his side.

Should I try and feed him another pea? If so what are some successful ways of me getting pea into his system?

Last edited:

chriscoli

Administrator
I would not force feed a sick fish. Isolate it and give him time. Have you added any salt to the water?

Thanks

First off Thanks Chris for answering, Usually I do but because I didn't know what I was dealing with I held off. I just did a water change on the tank and added stress coat.

I would not force feed a sick fish. Isolate it and give him time. Have you added any salt to the water?

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Chris, I woke this morning to a swimming Johanni!!!!!!!!!!!:p He is swimming around right now. I will leave him in there for a day or so to observe him and give him time to acclimate then transfer him back to the main tank. I will add a little salt to the water today and make sure from here on out I add that to my sick tank recipe...... Thanks again.

Is he on the bottom on his side or upright?