• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

hi.

i'm new here, so on with the obligatory intro. i'll skip the unnecessary stuff and get right to the important thing: the fish!

currently keeping 2 oscars, pike cichlid, red devil, red belly pacu, redtail cat, 2 plecos, african lungfish, and 3 characins of dubious repute.

always looking to add and expand, and plans are underway.

in any event, pleased to make the acquaintance of all.

3 tanks now.
125 is cycling and presently home to a ~14" african lungfish. has 2 300w hagen heaters and fluctuates between 79-81. filtrated by penguin350, whisper40, whisper60, sunsun 4 stage external w/ uv sterilizer, and a corner powerhead. black gravel base covered white pond rocks. no decor yet, except for a cinderblock. also, no lighting yet.

55 is the overcrowded home of 2 plecos (~8" common, ~6" albino), 2 tiger oscars (one regular, one albino, each ~10"), a ~14" red belly pacu, a ~18" redtail cat, a ~6" red devil, and a ~6" pike cichlid (no idea what species. "crenicichla mysterium".) heated by a hagen heaters of 300w and 150w. filtration courtesy of a penguin250, whisper40 and je-bo 3 stage external. natural river-bottom gravel with assorted rocks, a cinderblock, plastic/silk plants, novelty skulls, and a doll.

29 is the home of 3 characins who are each ~6". heated by a hagen 200w. filtered by a whisper60. neon green gravel with plastic/silk plants, a doll, and novelty skull.

once the 125 is all ready to go, everything from the 55 is moving in there (except the pike), and the lungfish will go to the 55. going to add some friends for him in there eventually.

so, essentially, i like aggressive fish in overfiltered (not that there's any such thing) tanks with unusual decor...i actually consider my fishtanks to be "art" (though not everyone's taste, sure), but the fish are the stars of the show. unfortunately, i have more ideas than i have space but my next project is going to be a 20-long with bucktooth tetras, and maybe a couple miscellaneous cichlid grow-up tanks.