• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish Bowl Pre-Orders

Termato

Board of Directors
Hi all,

This upcoming weekend I will be making my last batch of fish bowls to take to the BFD. I should be able to make a decent amount more as I don't have many left.

I can make them as small as necessary and up to maybe 5 gallons. I'm trying to get them to be 6-8 gallons but it's REALLY hard. Takes a lot of work. The biggest I have now is about 3.5-4 gallons and I'll be making a couple of 5 gallon ones over the weekend.

If anyone has any requests of shapes, sizes or colors they would like please let me know and I can plan ahead. I'm making vase shapes, bowl shapes and ever jar shapes.

Here are a couple of ones I've made:
Video of the fish bowl

2016-02-11.jpg

Termato

Board of Directors
Looks real nice. How much are you asking for these?

+1 They look great!

Thank you!

Depending on size, shape and color the price may vary but just to give you an idea:

1-2 Gallon Bowls will range from $40+ depending on shape and color
2-3 Gallon Bowls will range from $60+ depending on shape and color
3-4 Gallon Bowls will range from $90+ depending on shape and color
4+ Gallon Bowls will be $150+

Bigger than 4 gallons will be more expensive as anything larger than that takes considerable amount more time, effort, energy...everything.

These pieces will be hand blown using furnace hot glass.

Termato

Board of Directors
To give everyone an idea of how big these things are, because they look small in pictures, here is what the 3.5-4 Gallon Jar looks like in front of the 2.5 Gallon bowl and above the 150G tank:
2016-02-16.jpg

It's BIG. About 13-14" tall.

NOTE: I can also make non symmetrical, flat, or distorted shapes with an array of textures.

Last edited:

Termato

Board of Directors
I also made a couple of these glass discus yesterday:
2016-02-21.jpg

I'll be bringing them to the BFD. They were fun to make so I'll be trying out different shapes, sizes and colors.

Termato

Board of Directors
Thank you and I'm glad you two like it! I'll definitely be bringing them to the BFD so you'll be able to see them in person there. They're about the same size as adult live discus.

chriscoli

Administrator
we'll have to compare notes....the Hubs and I are currently installing a lampworking studio next to my fishroom....but we haven't done anything with furnace glass yet!

Termato

Board of Directors
That's awesome! My old roommate in college had set one up in his lamp working studio in the garage so he could do sculptural work to complement his ceramic pieces.

I've tried it a few times but I have never actively tried to learn all of the techniques and skills of torch working. It's definitely different approach but it's very similar in that's it's glass. You should come by the studio sometime at Glen Echo Park and check it out ;).

we'll have to compare notes....the Hubs and I are currently installing a lampworking studio next to my fishroom....but we haven't done anything with furnace glass yet!