• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish Room Up and Running

rpitonyak

Members
Good Morning Everyone!

I appreciate everyone's comments about installing a sump without drilling holes in my tanks. After some more planning based on the comments I received, I got to work. I demolished my old (8) tank rack and built the new 15-21 tank rack Friday (I played hooky from work). I got the design from Reid's website, veryfishe.com, and modified it so that I have options for growth. As of right now, the design is for (3) 40 gallon breeders on the bottom as grow out tanks, (3) 29 gallon tanks in the middle as breeder tanks, and a mixture of (6) 20 gallon and (3) 10 gallon tanks at the top for fry/tumblers/female holding.

This rack will leave me with a lot of options/expansion in the future as I can use this in the center of a room to have access to both sides. Right now, I am renting and have a small room in the basement to work with, so center of the room is not an option. I can also put up to (9) 29 gallon tanks in the middle section if I really wanted to breed more variety. Everything is being run off of (1) central piston air pump that can feed up to 30 ports. Every tank has its own heater for now. A space heater for the room uses 1500 watts, so I figure it will be cheaper to heat every tank until the total wattage of heaters reaches 1500. The average temperature in the room is 70 degrees.

I had some tanks lying around for this room. However, I really scored with Jmoore and was able to wrap up everything I would need, except for the 40 gallon breeders. I am currently breeding wild Lemon Jake thanks to tparker and Ruby Reds thanks to zzest28. I hope to add Regal Blue to the list from Rasta Fish this week.

I know that this is kind of long, but I just want to express how much this group has helped me to expand my hobby beyond anything I expected. I have met so many great people and learned so many things from everyone here. This group is truly a community of experienced fish keepers and I really appreciate everyone's advise and assistance in making this fish room possible. I especially want to thank Reid as his fish room videos are what made me take the next step.

20160410_212118[1].jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Well done, Richard! Post up some more pictures if you get a chance. I always like seeing other people's set ups.

Jon

Termato

Board of Directors
Nice! That setup looks like it will be a lot of fun to work with. JMoore was also a big help to my fish room. I was able to get multiple tanks from him as well. Solid deals! Glad you could make use of those 29s. I really wanted them but had no space. I want to second your thanks to everyone in the CCA. Tremendous help in every step and I've never been happier with my tanks.

Can't wait to see more of what you do with this setup!