• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

June POTM Voting

Please pick one!

• Photo A

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Photo B

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Photo C

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Photo D

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Photo E

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Photo F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hannibal

Members
I know this will be incredibly hard but please just pick one. GREAT photos this month guys and gals!!! This group of photos this month is exactly why I love doing this contest. Good luck to the photographers and to everyone voting.

A.
6rg1Xps.jpg

B.
u8rhUOJ.jpg

C.
2k8RCuE.jpg

D.
gmCVus2.jpg

E.
rQF53XX.jpg

F.
WMC3gP9.jpg

mchambers

Former CCA member
Maybe

Laetacara dorsigera
Certainly beyond my competence to tell those three types apart. From Seriously Fish:

Laetacara dorsigera is distinguished from L. araguaiae and L. curviceps by having higher head depth (head depth 90.2–96.3 % mm HL in L. dorsigera vs. 84.6–88.9 % mm HL in L. curviceps and 80.0–87.1 % mm HL in L. araguaiae), from L. thayeri by having cycloid scales on the sides of the head (vs. ctenoid scales) and more anal-fin rays (8–9 vs. 7–8), from L. flavilabris by possessing fewer total vertebrae (24 vs. 26) and fewer scales in the upper lateral line (14–15 vs. 15–18), from L. fulvipinnis by having fewer scales in the upper lateral line (14–15 vs. 15–17), fewer scales on the lower lateral line (6–8 vs. 8–9) and absence of a dark dot at the edge of each scale on the midlateral portion of the flank (vs. presence), from L. curviceps by having a wide ectopterygoid (vs. a narrow ectopterygoid), more dorsal-fin rays (9–10 vs. 8–9) and breeding males and females with conspicuous red cheeks, opercula and belly (vs.no such colour pattern), and from L. flamannellus by absence (vs. presence) of an orange-coloured ring around the dorsal-fin spot.

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/laetacara-dorsigera/