• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Attention Fishy Photographers!

I look forward to meeting everybody tomorrow. Because of the topic of tomorrows meeting I wanted to introduce what I do for a living and how it can benefit YOU. Photography and printmaking are things that I really enjoy and I am very glad to get to do them on a daily basis.

I am owner of a Fine Art Printing Studio in Old Town Alexandria. We have been creating Archival Fine Art Prints for Artists, Photographers, and Museums for over 12 years now. www.oldtowneditions.com

With tomorrows topic I figured I would make a special offer. We are offering archival fine art prints up to 30x40 inches at rate of 10 cents per square inch to CCA members. I have to limit the number of files we can prepare for printing to two. This is because we are waiving the file preparation charge of $125. I will provide any necessary adjustments that would be needed to create the best print possible with your image. Usually the printing charges start at 20 cents per square inch. This is your opportunity to get exhibition quality prints at a cost you can afford after you have spent all of your money on your fish. We print on fine art papers and canvas only and not on glossy anything. The papers that we use are matte finish only. This offer is good until March 15, 2009.

For those photographers out there:
On a daily basis I photograph artwork with my Better light digital scanning back paired with a Cambo Legend View Camera with a Schneider lens. They system is lit with two 1000 watt North Light light towers.:D I am very good at photographing artwork and museum items but have only recently starting shooting my fish. I am still figuring out what works best for the lighting of the tank amongst other parameters. I really look forward to hearing the tips and advice of others for shooting the fishies. Sorry for the long post....

Thanks for your time,:)

Patrick McMahon

Please PM me if you have any questions.

mscichlid

Founder
Wow! Oh so cool! I've got some shibby that I do want to print professionally. As a matter of fact I have been photographing historcal artifacts today. We need to talk face to face.

I am going to try to bring some samples. I have not been shooting fish for long enough to say that I have print worthy shots yet.

Anyone have a nice DSLR shot of their fish that they can FTP me I can try to print it before I come tomorrow for a sample? Send me PM and I will give you some log in information to an FTP upload. I'll bring some good samples of other photography as well.

maddog10

Members
Thanks Patrick!!!

My print looks GREAT!

Everyone missed out on a wonderful offer. I now have a professional print ready to be framed and hung on my office wall with pride.

Thanks Again!!

iamzrad

Members
Thanks Patrick!!!

My print looks GREAT!

Everyone missed out on a wonderful offer. I now have a professional print ready to be framed and hung on my office wall with pride.

Thanks Again!!

As do I!

Well, I don't have the greatest looking photograph, but it is a top notch quality print of my Red Empress going into adulthood.

I am actually going to pick up a frame tomorrow for it.:D
(still in the plastic sleeves from the Feb. meeting lol)