• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New section

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
With all of the new Fishrooms being built, I figured it was time to have a Fishroom section.

If this continues maybe it will be expanded even more?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
If we continue
thinking of making a new major section and
putting the Equipment, diy, and fishroom under that. To me General fish talk sounds like? fish? LOL Just a thought.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Good discussion, folks.

In order to try and keep things a bit organized, let's start a new thread for each person's room.

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Sump

Nice ! Can you explain the 30 gallon drum set up?

The drum is a food safe plastic drum I bought off CL. It houses a Magdrive 12 in the very bottom as my return/water change pump. I put a milk crate over top of the pump and stacked different types of pond media on egg create.Clean Water is pumped through 1" pvc loop reduced to 3/4" at the tank.
The tanks return water though 1 1/2" PVC gravity feed to the sump. If I had to do it again i would use 2" PVC. System has been running 24hr 7days since 2012. I also built 3 other systems for friends and family.

matala-filter-media-pads.jpg

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
I use ATI Hydro sponges in all the tanks for mechanical filtration along with the over flow/sump system for mostly BIO.
Also in the bottom of my sump I have a small power head to stir up the detritus
during water changes. I break down the sump once a year spring time to hose off media and to do a visual inspection.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
1) Thanks Pat. This is the droid I've been looking for.

2) David, very inspiring. If my basement fish "zone" is even half as well thought out as your fishroom, I'll consider it a huge success.

Blaise