• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Air system maintenance

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Just a little bit of info about air systems and valving. after a year or more of running these systems there is some involved . There can be some black debris that builds up on the inside of the little valves. My suggestion is to remove the hosing and try inserting a small pin , paper clip , pipe cleaner , very small drill bit ,into the orifice, you will be surprised at the volume of air once you clean/clear. I've installed more then one of these systems and this has been a maintenance issue. I also use the Lee's Discard A Stone Coarse plastic air stones inside all or my Hydro sponges this makes the room much quieter with smaller bubbles.
How did I find this problem? I had to open valves to get more air after they where preset months earlier. Most of my valves where half closed at the start of new installation.