• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

re-Introduction

Aqua410

Members
Hello everyone, since I have been hanging around here for a few months now and have finally officially joined CCA, I figure it's time for a re-intro. My name is John and I keep new world cichlids. I began keeping fish when I was very young maybe 8 or 9 years old in a ten gallon tank with a corner sponge filter. It was first set up as a terribly overstocked tropical community. I moved on to native tanks after that and have also always kept/bred reptiles. Before I recently got back into the hobby, I also had a 72 gallon reef tank that I maintained for a while but have no interest in getting back into salt tanks.

I work at a local research laboratory as an engineering technician and spend most of my free time outdoors fishing and enjoying nature. I am avid in freshwater and saltwater fishing. I recently got engaged to an amazing and understanding woman who lets me indulge in my fish/reptile hobby. Besides the 4 tanks I am currently keeping, I am also growing out a group of high end blood pythons for a breeding project that may begin as early as next year if growth rates stay steady.

Current species I am keeping are: Andinoacara rivulatus, Cryptoheros nanoluteus, Cryptoheros panamensis, Hypselecara temporalis, Ancistrus, and Heros sp. 'Rotkeil'. I will be moving in a few months to a house with a basement and will be adding a few tanks including a 6 ft. tank for the new dining room and a rack of 40 breeders for the basement. I am looking forward to being active in CCA and getting to know all of you.

Cheers,
John

dogofwar

CCA Members
Welcome!

Glad to have another new world keeper :)

An amazing and understanding spouse or partner is a pre-requisite for our level of aquatic endeavors...

Matt