• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.
Hello everyone,

My name is Gregory (Greg). I live in St Augustine, FL, the Oldest city in United States ;-)

I love African cichlids and used to have several tanks back in my "younger" years... I am planning on restarting this hobby and was wondering if there were other members who lived in St Augustine or if there was a CCA or cichlid club in St Augustine that you knew about. I would love to get together with others who love cichlids in my area. I have a 150 gal tall tank in my back yard that needs to be dissembled and reassembled because of leaks. I was wondering if any of you would have greats tips/techniques/supplies ideas/or favorite Youtube videos to do this project since I never done that before. Thanks for the help and see you on one of these forum discussions ;-)

Greg

mchambers

Former CCA member
There are lots of good videos on resealing tanks. Good luck!

I bet the water in St. Augustine is perfect for Africans. If not, you can always add some coquina to the tank! (I'm originally from Jacksonville, so know all about the beaches in your area.)

I doubt there are clubs in St. Augustine, but you might find some in Jacksonville.

carl_d_c

Members
Welcome to the forum!
And good luck with the tank, there's lots of info to be found out there, you might also check Monster Fish Keepers.

Cleanwater

Members
Welcome Greg,

If you don't have an existing club, you could always start one...

+1 on Lucas's suggestion DIY King has best video's on doing just about everything.