• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Which talk

Which other Chuck Rambo talk would you like to hear if he comes back in 2010 or 2011

• Rift Lakes for Rookies

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Lake Tanganyika for Rookies

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Lake Malawi for Rookies

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Lake Victoria and its Cichlids

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dwarf Cichlids

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • History of the Tropical Fish Hobby

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, talking with Chuck this weekend I mentioned the poll feature on here. He asked me to run one so here goes.

If Chuck were to come back in the next year or so, which talk.

fischfan13

Banned
Actually just about any of those subjects would be fine, IMO.
But since I am an African guy I would lean towards Rift Lakes for Rookies.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I picked Rift Lakes for Rookies. Of the topics above, is he planning on talking generally about the topics or with a specific emphasis on collection trips?

Either way, I'd be happy to hear him speak on any of the topics.... he's top-notch as a speaker; funny and definitely knows his stuff.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
These would be more on the fish I think. He has been there so I am really not sure. Have not listened to them either.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
On second thought, I may shift my vote over to Lake Victoria. Of the lakes, I know the least about it next to Malawi and Tanganyika.

longstocking

Members
I want to hear the last choice :) Reason .... I've heard it's FANTASTIC. That is my main reason. I would also like to know more history. I mean, I know some stuff from talking to all you really old peeople :p but not enough. ;) I know dog food was fed for years :lol:

fischfan13

Banned
I know some stuff from talking to all you really old peeople :p but not enough. ;) I know dog food was fed for years :lol:

Ouch.
That shot was felt ALL OF THE WAY over here on the Jersey Shore!
star-wars-smiley-023.gif

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I chose Rift Lakes for Rookies. I think it would best benefit the club for everybody to get a good overview. A lot of us young guys weren't around for the forming of the lakes, like some of the old-timers/historians. There are a lot of people that don't even know the names of the lakes. My second choice was the History of the Tropical Fish Hobby. The reason I didn't select it is because there are expansive books on this topic, and I don't think its something that can be adequately covered in a one hour talk. I'd be happy to hear about anything though; I still have a lot to learn.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Its alway funny how people want things they cant have.
He went nuts over the rays at the couple stores we went too.
Not allowed in California. Arnold said NO. lol

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
So the governator is willing to legalize pot to help the economy but not allow stingrays to be kept? I guess we all have our priorities.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I want to hear the last choice :) Reason .... I've heard it's FANTASTIC. That is my main reason. I would also like to know more history. I mean, I know some stuff from talking to all you really old peeople :p but not enough. ;) I know dog food was fed for years :lol:
Me too