• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Albuquerque Aquarium - A Private Tour

Reed

Very Fishe
Last week I went to Albuquerque New Mexico on a business trip. The one day of the year I went it snowed and everything was closed except the Albuquerque BioPark and Aquarium. When I arrived at the aquarium there was only one other person there and lots of fish.

I met a very nice lady name Jan who told me she recently went on a scuba diving trip to collect fish for the Aquarium and some of the fish she collected were on display. How cool is that!. She introduced me to Richard the "Curator of Fishes" That is his official title on his business card - what a great job. Prior to moving to the ABQ aquarium he ran the Baltimore Aquarium and another aquarium (i cant remember which one). Anyway he was so kind and gave Jan and I a behind the scene tour of the aquarium. I was amazing. He showed us all of the quarantine / holding tanks, pump rooms, work areas, laboratory, and followed up with personal tour of the aquarium. It was pretty amazing.
Check out the pictures and leave some comments.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Awesome luck, stumbling upon that, Reed. Love the shot of the puffer and the overhead shots of the big tank. Thanks for sharing them!