• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTb Glass divider

zackcrack00

Members
Hey guys! I'd like a glass divider for my 29 gallon. I want it fom the back of the tank to the front of the tank. Thanks!

verbal

CCA Members
What dimensions are you looking for? I have a broken 10 gallon tank(end broke) you can have if your want a 12" wide piece for the middle of the tank. You would have to get it cut to your tank height.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Not sure what size fish you are trying to divide, but plastic eggcrate (light diffuser) is the most commonly used divider... and is much more easily cut/secured.

zackcrack00

Members
What dimensions are you looking for? I have a broken 10 gallon tank(end broke) you can have if your want a 12" wide piece for the middle of the tank. You would have to get it cut to your tank height.

I need it big enough so pea-sized anhelfish can't slip through, so a pretty tight fit. How tall id the peic of glass, Jesse? I only need it to be 15 inches tall. I have 3 inches of sand and gravel on the bottom.

Forester

Members
Just get a sponge divider I can get you a custom sized one for like $15

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I wouldn't use glass. If you do, you'll have to filter both sides of the tank. Just get a foam divider or use the plastic mesh you can get at a fabric store.

zackcrack00

Members
I was planning on filtering both sides anyway. I have an AC20 and a sponge filter and will soon have another sponge filter. (80 gallons of filtration)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
+1 on sponge divider. Put a hole in it with a powerhead blowing through it and it'd be like having 10 sponge filters in your tank!

daninmd

Members
I was planning on filtering both sides anyway. I have an AC20 and a sponge filter and will soon have another sponge filter. (80 gallons of filtration)

you don't want to do that. unless you create a complete watertight seal (unlikely) you will have water going between both sides which means openings the fry can get thru