• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Problem with Eheim Jager Heater

manbern

Members
I'm pretty sure of what the response will be, but I just wanted to confirm, and see if anyone else is experiencing this:

I'm using a 250w Eheim Jager Heater on my 110 gallon tank. It has only been in operation since June 12 2014. Today, I noticed some condensation/moisture building up at the top inside of the glass tube. Is this a sign of bad things to come? Should I take it out of the tank immediately? Has anyone experienced this with this same model. All the online reviews I have read, they have all been happy with this model. Does anyone know if Eheim offers a warranty on this model?

Any and all inputs welcome! Thanks in advance!

toddnbecka

Members
They have a 1 year warranty, I have several that showed condensation that I need to return, along with a handful of stealth heaters that they were bought to replace. Actually still have one of the Stealth Pro's NIB, wonder if it will be worth something one day? LOL.

Becca

Members
I've had this happen and the heaters still work fine for years... maybe not ideal, but...

manbern

Members
I contacted Eheim directly, via email. I'm waiting for a response. I'll post as soon as I get it.

manbern

Members
So here's what Eheim had to say:

"The condensation you see inside the heater could be created by oil that is used during the assembly of the unit (see attached pictures #1 and #2 for normal condensation). If there is too much water condensation or if water was to enter the unit, the entire glass will be filled and the heating coil will rust (see attached pictures #3, #4 and #5). At this point the unit will stop operating.

If water inside your unit looks like pictures #3,#4 or #5, please forward us the proof of purchase (receipt) of the unit via e-mail (scan, picture or electronic copy) to support@eheimna.com or by fax at 514-624-2227."

Looks like I just have oil condensation. Back to being a happy camper.......for now! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Localzoo

Board of Directors
So here's what Eheim had to say:

"The condensation you see inside the heater could be created by oil that is used during the assembly of the unit (see attached pictures #1 and #2 for normal condensation). If there is too much water condensation or if water was to enter the unit, the entire glass will be filled and the heating coil will rust (see attached pictures #3, #4 and #5). At this point the unit will stop operating.

If water inside your unit looks like pictures #3,#4 or #5, please forward us the proof of purchase (receipt) of the unit via e-mail (scan, picture or electronic copy) to support@eheimna.com or by fax at 514-624-2227."

Looks like I just have oil condensation. Back to being a happy camper.......for now! :)

Nice I believe that's the same info I got...but not as much detail. They said moisture from when the unit was assembled.
Good to hear its all good for you

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Good information to know. Not so nervous about heaters crapping out now.

Blaise