• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Here is a hard one. How many different species do you keep?

how many species do you keep.

• 1-5

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • 6-10

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • 11-15

• 16-20

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • 21-25

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • 26-30

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • 31-35

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • 36-40

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • 41-45

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 46+++++++++ LOL

• Total voters

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
This poll question will make you think and then go count. LOL

How many different species do you keep?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sheesh. We talking single specimens or groups/pairs? Cichlids only or other stuff?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Since its early how about we do number of major genus/families as well?

Pairs or better to open -Tetras, Barbs, Corydoras, Plecos, NW Cichlids, OW Cichlids, Anabantoids, etc. Based on forum traffic Lake Cichlids are bound to be first - second probably a toss-up between Plecos and NW Cichlids.

I'm all New World except for a couple species of Tangs. 20 Corydoras, 12 dwarf cichlids, 12 non-dwarf cichlids, 7 tetras, 1 Ancistrus, 2 live bearers.

Approx. 56 species in pairs or better + a 4-5 orphans.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
C'mon Matt, you can play as well...

Currently 0 :wacko:

I'm going through withdrawls...

Matt

...absent circumstances and consistent with otherwise regularly scheduled programming, how many would you be keeping right now?

msjinkzd

invert junkie
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, i have no idea. I know I have well over 60 tanks runnign and there are not the same single species in each tank, in many, more than one species.

toddnbecka

Members
I have 26 different species now, just shipped out the last L-10a's Monday afternoon. When I get the 125 up and running the number will increase.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Off the top of my head, I've got 30 different species in the 180:

N. venustus, F. rostratus, Aulonocara x 5, P. taeniolatus, D. strigatus, S. spylostichtus, B. spectabillis, L. fulleborni, M. autarus, P. lombardoi, C. caeruleus, A. chrystii, T. nigreventor, C. mloto, M. erichnotaenia, L. acuticeps, C. borleyi, S. fryeri, M. lateristriga, O. hererodon, P. milomo, T. placadon, C. moori, Pseudotropheus ?, S. angelicus, ancistrus

I probably have about that many in the community growout 150.

The 75 has 4. 12' rack in the fish room has 24 species. Triple stacked 40s have another 10. 10g rack has 4 species (not already counted).

Upstairs, there's 4 in the 20, 6 in the 30 and maybe 10 in the hodgepodge that is the 45 planted.

So with a guess on the 150 gal, that's 122 species... but probably over half of those are single specimens. I'm sure I probably missed some or double counted others though.

Yeah, I think I may have a problem.