• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FT: 55 Gallon Tank/Stand

rich_one

Members
Okay... so, there is a 55 gallon tank in my garage that has been sitting there empty now, for a year. Still even has the substrate in it... a mix of aquatic planting soil and a layer of flourite in the bottom. I'm afraid the black colorquartz that is in there is mixed in pretty good with the soil, though you could separate if dedicated to the task. Or you can dump it all together... just kept it, in case. The tank is pretty dirty, and needs to be cleaned up, but otherwise, I expect it is working fine. There are two glas canopy-style tops that go with it. No light strip, no filter. It comes with a stand. It is a standard, 2x4 style wooden stand.

Basically, I want it out of my garage. So, I thought I would offer it up to club members. Ideally, I'd love to trade something for it. Whatever you think is fair, really. Some stuff that would interest me, but not necessarily listed in any order of preference:

A nice, working, power or canister filter rated for a 55 gallon or larger

Enough of some dark colored substrate (gravel or sand) to cover the bottom of a 33 gallon tank

One or more "non-Stealth" heaters rated for 33 or 55 gallon tanks

I have a 33 gallon tank in my bedroom, up, running, and empty. for the life of me, I simply cannot decide what to put in it. it even has moonlights... I am thinking of what would look cool under those at night! this is to say, if you have fish you think would look cool, I'll trade this for some of them.

Weighted fake plants and/or driftwood pieces, safe for my discus

Frankly, I am open to trade for lots of stuff, and not necessarily aquarium related. Even a combination of stuff, if we are talking smaller things such as fake plants (like, the plants and a heater and/or, etc.). So all of this said, hit me up on PM, let me know what your thinking, and we can go from there. The only caveat to this offer, of course, is that you have to come to Waldorf to pick this up. Otherwise, please... someone... make an offer, get a tank and stand, and free this baby from its garage prison! Thanks!

-Rich

P.S., another post coming later tonight for various tangs and rainbows... gotta make room, as I am going for some of Sarah's tropheus... taking the plunge!

rich_one

Members
Bump. No response today, and craigslist it is... no one in the club can usa an extra 55 gallon?

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Well, a couple of craigslist no-shows over the weekend, and here we are. I know the tank needs to be cleaned, but do I have to give it away?

Okay... tell you what. I simply cannot take this tank sitting in my garage, not being used, any longer. So let me try this...

Any club member... meaning your username ends up in green on here... that makes me the first offer I like, or the best offer by noon on Friday... whichever comes first, and however ridiculous the offer is... gets it. Again, it can be a cash offer or trade. whatever. Who knows what it is going to go for. You might be surprised, it would seem. I am not putting this out on Craigslist... if someone is going to steal the thing, may as well be a club member, way I see it.

So... to be clear... if someone hits on something I like before Friday, they get it. if not, whatever offer happens to be the best offer, no matter how crazy... wins it. Either way, I will post the result here.

If this doesn't work, I don't know WHAT will!

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Here are pics of tank and stand... the wood pieces shown are no longer available... the rock inside you can have. Glass canopy-style tops not pictured, but I have them. As you can see, it needs a little cleaning... but the tank works, and should have fish in it, instead of sitting in a garage! :(

Thanks for looking again! :D

-Rich

484.jpg

DSC03107.jpg