• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

November meeting

rsretep

Members
Would like to thank our speaker Sam Borstein for coming and talking with us. Great presentation with interesting commentary and excellent slides and video of many great fish. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks CCA for another excellent speaker, meeting and auction :D :D :D

ddavila06

Members
great indeed! Loved the vids!! I had to leave to pick son up, whom was not ready by the time i got home... :/
regardless, i had a great time!

Leffler817

CCA Members
I had to leave early as well, but it was a great talk. Thank you Sam. It was especially cool that you used your own 'wild' video footage. It's one thing to get tank footage but on location... good stuff man. :happy0180:

Steve

Members
I enjoyed Sam's presentation tremendously. Great videos--they really help to cement some of the knowledge in place, plus they're fun to watch!

guarddog5

CCA Members
I concur with everyone's comments on this thread, to be able to get a speaker of this caliber to come to our club meeting I think benefits everyone as a whole! He had great insight and personal experiences that I'll never find by reading any books!

Jim

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rich_one

Members
I like all of the meetings, but for me, as a CA/SA kinda guy, I have to say that yesterday's meeting was one of the best I've been to. I learned some amazing things about the kind of fish I keep, and stole a nice group of geos in the auction to boot! And got some very nice pickups in the group buy, to complete the reshaping of my 210 gallon tank. All in all, Saturday was a lot of fun!

-Rich

rich_one

Members
And almost forgot to mention the awesome sajica pair I picked up from Batfish Aquatics. Thanks, Josh! They colored right up almost as soon as they hit the water! Wow!

-Rich

Daltharang

Members
For a first timer at the meeting i thoroughly enjoyed the speaker and information given. I can look up all the information i want, but i easily get distracted by other websites/ things going on at the house. So to be able to focus on one subject really helped with learning/retaining.

Hannibal

Members
Was a great talk by Sam! So much so that I think I am going to set up a 29 gallon or so to give a pair of something a try. I just need to clear out some room first.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I greatly enjoyed Sam's talk. I went to Costa Rica for 2 weeks in 2010, but never had a chance to study the fish, so it was very neat to hear about native cichlids.

I was very impressed with how many fish were in the auction that were talked about during Sam's presentation. They weren't necessarily from Costa Rica, but they could be found there. I came home with some Neets, I saw chocolate cichlids, centrarchus, and probably a few others. Siquia pop up frequently too, so the diversity our club offers amazes me when I see those fish in presentations by our speakers.

Digital

Members
Sam knew his stuff - very good presentation. We should have him back sometime.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App