• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AQUA MANIA 3 PRE ORDER LIST

JLW

CCA Members
Aqua Mania 3: The Bigger Fish Deal!
The Capital Cichlid Association's Event!
Batfish Aquatics just returned from the Raleigh Aquarium Society's "spring" workshop. Boy, was it cold down there, with wicked winds and freezing temperatures. Then I get home, and it snows eight inches. I'm ready for Spring!
Despite the cold, the RAS workshop was a great event, and a lot of fun. It's always nice to not only see some great old fishy friends, but make new ones.
If you've never been to any of your local Aquarium Society's events, I strongly recommend you try one out. I try to keep a list of ones where Batfish will likely be on the home page for Batfish Aquatics. If you're involved in your local aquarium society's event, please let me know if you'd like to see Batfish there.
Most events are organised around a day or two with several talks and presentations, which are a lot of fun, and then an all day auction. Many people come out only for the auction day, which is unfortunate -- you miss so much by skipping the talks: information from aquarium legends, and a social aspect.
If you're on the East Coast, this year is incredible. Between now and July, there are several major shows on the East Coast. Later, in March, the North East Council of Aquarium Society's will hold their annual conference in Connecticut. In April, my very own Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association (GWAPA) will play host to the Aquatic Gardener's Association's event, a huge event for aquarium plant enthusiasts. In May, my good friends in Lancaster, PA will host the American Livebearer Assocation, and then, in July, the American Cichlid Association will descend upon Boston.
Of course, that's skipping over the next event: at the end of February, the Capital Cichlid Association will host AquaMania III: The Bigger Fish Deal. This annual event was started only in 2013, but has become one of the most looked for events in the greater DC area. There's an incredible array of speakers and events throughout the weekend -- check out http://capitalcichlids.org/aquamania/?page_id=16 for a full list.
Batfish Aquatics will be there, hosting a vendor table throughout the event. Be sure to stop by and just say hello, or get some great fish, food, or other stuff. On Saturday, we'll also be co-hosting the Hospitality Suite, as well. We have several great, unusual bags of fish to donate to the Rare Fish Auction, and have just unpacked three huge bags of community fish, which we'll be donating for the Kid's Aquarium Decorating Contest -- this year, kids will take home a fully decorated aquarium with fish!

As usual with these great events, we have an incredible list of pre order fishes available. Check out http://www.batfishaquatics.com/preorder.php for a list of fishes to pre order. The order period ends Monday, so jump on the list as soon as possible!

We are also in the process of updating our current stock list with some really cool new fish, and hopefully that will get done by the end of the week!

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Did you get my order?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App