• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS - Red Wiggler Bin and Worms

dogofwar

CCA Members
Just constructed a new, larger worm bin and no longer need my old one.

The one for sale is ~17"L x 11"W x 16"T and consists of two heavy-duty nested bins (and a lid on the inside bin). The inside bin has been drilled to allow drainage of worm leachate without allowing worms to drop through.

Asking $20 for the bin + some worms to get started (which is what the bins alone cost).

I'm a fan of feeding red wiggler worms (AKA composting worms). They're very easy to culture (just add fruit, veggie and paper scraps to the bin and empty the leachate into your plants or garden periodically), don't stink, don't need to be refrigerated or heated and are safe and nutritious for fish.

I keep my bin in the attached but unheated garage but have kept it in the fishroom without issues. Instead of adding fruit and veggie scraps to the trash, I toss it into the bin. It's really that easy.

They make up a regular part of my fishes' diets. I haven't bought live or frozen foods in years because of culturing them.

If you want to learn to culture red wiggler worms, google it :)

Pick up in Potomac, MD near Exit 5 on I270...or can bring to the CCA BBQ.

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Just the opposite - set up a bigger bin, both to grow more worms but also to accommodate increased fruit and veggie waste production from growing kids!

Matt